5 reasons why starting a business is not such a bad idea

King bell

VIP Contributor
As we all know alot of people think that starting their own business is a bad idea. They think that it would be too risky and that they won't be able to make a success or profits from it.

But there are some very good reasons why starting a business is not such a bad idea as they may think. Here are just five reasons why I think starting a business is worth it:

1. You can be your own boss

2. You can make your own hours

3. You can do what you love

4. You can control your destiny

5. You can make a difference

So, if you've been thinking about starting a business, don't let the naysayers put you off. It's not as risky as you might think it is, and there are some great benefits to be that you can gain from starting up your own business rather than working for someone else.

Ithedicious

Valued Contributor
Starting a business is not a bad idea , but at the same time being your own boss and enjoying the luxury it gives shouldn't be the reason for establishing a business because if we just go into a business just because we just want to be our own boss and organise our working hour, we may not likely succeed in most cases because business is far more beyond about being boss .

As a business owner, You would have to be so disciplined with your business to the point that you manage perfectly the little financial asset of your business because if care is not taken and there is mis management of funs, the possibility of business failure will be very high most especially for those that are interested to start up a standard business.

You should also at the same time be able to carry out normal research before locating a business , some business are always good at certain location , there are other things every business intended owners must understand.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
Being my own boss over a business I source for, will always be a joy to digest anytime. Making a difference over time with the business option will be very much pleasing, that's every business owner's dream, to drive his or her business forward and earn maximum profit. I know it doesn't move smoothly as we planned it during the starting point, but more work, being a born risk raker, innovative can take is there at some point. Those who operate a business and doesn't have that endurance spirit will find it hard to succeed in the long run of their business. Even the so-called rich business owners scrap through before hitting that magnificent point where profit becomes a guarantee.

Suba

Staff member
I don't agree with your opinion on point 2, on the contrary we have to serve consumers according to their time of need, if you open a restaurant business, it's lunch time, your restaurant is not yet open, then your customers will disband. Meanwhile, other benefits of starting your own business are:
Train and develop entrepreneurship, become independent, create jobs for others.

Mika

VIP Contributor
I will try to explain all the points mentioned by the OP according to my understanding.

You can be your own boss: If your business is a sole ownership business, you are the boss, but if your business is a partnership business, private limited company, or even a public limited company, you are not the boss even if you actually created the boss. Remember, how Steve Jobs was once kicked out from the company he created

You can make your own hours: You will have to work at the time that is most appropriate for your clients or employees. If you are in Asia and your client is in the US, you might have to wake up in the middle of the night to catch up with your client.

You can do what you love: As a business owner, you will not always do what you actually love to do. For example, you might have to manufacture and sell products that you never wanted to manufacture and sell, you might have to deal with the people you never liked (because you can do business with them), etc.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
To be honest, one has not started one's freedom to financial problem until one starts one's own business. Starting a business of one's own will definitely give one's the opportunity of doing what one's like the most. The best thing we can do is to do business of our passion. And the only way we can get that done is if we have the business of our own. Some people that are working with other people always do what they see just to feed themselves.

Another reason is that it will allow us to work at our own convinient time. No one has freedom to do whatever one's like while working with someone else. The person will be the one that will be determining how we manage our time and spend our time. But when we have the business of our own, we can now do as we want. We can make sure we do the business at any time that is convenient for us without anyone dictating for us.

Working for ourselves or starting a business of our own will also allow us to be initiative. We will want to outsmart others and learn how to compete favorably eith others.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
Starting a business is not a bad idea and at the same time you must also know the type of business you are establishing because some business may not be profitable even when you have invested heavily on the business. Before I start a business I will somehow sceptical about the location of the business because this play a very important factors in the progress of the business , for as long as the location is highly populated with needs to my product and services then I will be able to make sell and my business will always be on problems.

At the same time we also have to understand that establishing a business to a point that the business is booming perfectly is not easy and we should expect a lot of challenge along the way . it can help you be your own boss no doubt but you must at the same time dedicate your time to make it successful m

Mani-Incomes

I agree with all of your points, the lifestyle you have when you have the freedom of time is amazing! However, I found it imperative that I saved up enough capital to survive 6 months if things didn't go my way. I also chose to make sure I was profiting for X amount of months before making the leap!

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
You can do a job and earn a living, you can work for a company and make a living, you can freelance and earn money. However, in order to grow your wealth, in order to build your income, you need to start a business. No one has become rich by working for other people, you can become rich only when you work for yourself, or let's say you build a business. A lot of people have this misconception that you need a lot of money to start a business. Well, you need some money for your business but you don't need a lot of money. You can start even with $10. Interestingly, a lot of business can be started even without any investment. If you want to sell on Etsy, you can start with $10. You will be able to list a product just for 20 cent. If you want to sell on Redbubble you don't need any money because it is free.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
Having a business is very important as it is one way of having a good side hustle if you are working it have a day job. The economy is bad globally now as such it is good to have different streams of income now so that one can cater for the different and numerous expenses.

A business owning makes one have the opportunity of creating fortune. A lot of business owners have been able to create wealth through owning a business.

Another good thing is that you can be self - employed with a business. If you can make the business work then that can be your only source of money.

With business you can develop the needed skills to run it and even start a new one. With business that is properly run, good money can be made and the owner can use it to save money for a bigger project.