5 great ways to defeat sleep paralysis

Augusta

VIP Contributor
It can be frustrating when you fall asleep and begins to experience loss of muscle function which is sleep paralysis. This can cause you to find it difficult to move or talk at wake, can make you find breathing difficult and it might make it seems like you are going to die. This 1 to 2 minutes experience can be very scary.

Well experts are of the opinion you can do the following to avoid having this episode.

Learn to sleep by your side than on your back

Take enough rest daily to ease out all muscle tension during the day

Have and maintain a regular sleep schedule

Do some exercises at least twice a week to strengthen and mold your muscles and other part of your body.

Be sure of the drugs you are taking and take the right doze.

What do you think?

Mika

VIP Contributor
I am not sure if I had heard of sleep paralysis previously. Now, that I have known about this term I know what I should do when I encounter this issue. Sleep is very necessary to remain healthy. If you have a sleeping problem, you will cannot even think properly.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
I had experience of this sometimes ago but now I've never experience it again ,then I didn't know what it was but I was always afraid whenever I feel it, it is not something pleasant to experience because it makes you feel as if you are going to die since you cannot even move your hand or any other part of your body but you are aware of your surroundings, it might even be as if there is a ghost in the house. Even if we engage in exercise or not we can still get sleep paralysis because it is not related to anything.