4 Reasons To Include Pumpkin Seeds In Your Diet Now

Yusra3

VIP Contributor
Pumpkin seeds are one of the most nutritious foods out there. Don't believe me? Here are four facts about them that will convince you to include them in your diet this fall:

1. They have a number of protein.
In just one serving (which is only a quarter cup), you get over nine grams of protein, which is almost double that of almonds and cashews! You'll be full longer and will have more energy, all thanks to these little seeds.

2. They're packed with fiber. We know we could all use more fiber in our lives, and pumpkin seeds are here for us. Just one serving has about seven grams of fiber, which is a pretty respectable amount for something so tiny!

3. They might help lower cholesterol. There's some evidence that consuming pumpkin seeds can improve your cholesterol levels, making your heart healthier overall, so if you want to make sure that your ticker stays strong, try adding some pumpkin seeds to your diet.

4. They're super versatile. You can eat them on their own as a snack, toss them into yogurt or oatmeal, or add them to salads the possibilities are endless!

Abigael

Valued Contributor
Those are really great benefits of pumpkin seeds that I have never really learnt of. It is awesome that they are so small yet have so many nutritional benefits. It makes me regret all the times that we have thrown away pumpkin seeds while at home. But it is a lesson learnt, will be using them better now.

I like that they contain that much proteins in them. Personally, I would have dismissed this point if I hadn't confirmed it with some studies made of it available online. It is quite unbelievable given that pumpkin itself is full of vitamins rather than proteins.

I also read in another study that the pumpkin seeds are rich in antioxidants such as Vitamin E and carotenoids. The antioxidants helps with fighting inflammation in the body. They also improve the general health of the body. This is through improving the body's immunity. A study was done on mice and the pumpkin seeds helped reduce inflammation caused by arthritis in those mice.

Pumpkin seeds also contain high levels of natural magnesium. Which is a mineral that is so important to the body but lacks in so many people's data. Magnesium in the body is linked to reducing high blood pressure, protecting the heart from diseases and regulating blood sugar levels.