3 things to consider when choosing a real estate property

Setho

VIP Contributor
A lot of people who are buying real estate properties are doing it with the hope of one day selling it. You can be able to invest significantly into real estate and at the end of the day you will be forced to cut it down on a loss and I have prepared a list of things that you should always consider before you should invest in real estate property .

1. The location . The location of a real estate property is very important for you whenever you want to buy and you have plan of selling in the future. Generally properties that are located very close to social amenities or government reserved areas are usually much more easier to sell because they have perceived value of security and they are much more easier to habitat .

2. Price . Even in the face of a good location they are some properties that are just overpriced and if you fall for them then you might not have people who are going to really wants to purchase it in the future .

3. Future development. In simple terms if you believe that in the future celebrities will want to move to a particular part of a town then that is a good place for you to purchase real estate now.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
Yesterday I was with 3 real estate agents who showed me the several lots that are being sold inside our village. Gee, the prices are high to my standard. The real estate agents said that the market value of land in our village has gone up so high because of the development. When we moved here 20 years ago the market value of land is 3,000 pesos per square meter. When the mini mall was constructed by the gate of our village the market price had increased to double. Now the going rate of lots here is 10,000 per square meter. That value is due to the development in our village. The location is very important to me that is why I ignored the 2 lots in the low lying area. I know that the area is flooded during heavy rains. A lot in another area that is flood free is also not good to my eyes because the neighborhood is not decent. There is one lot that looked good but the title is not available because of a bank loan.

EKUSANI

Yesterday I was with 3 real estate agents who showed me the several lots that are being sold inside our village. Gee, the prices are high to my standard. The real estate agents said that the market value of land in our village has gone up so high because of the development. When we moved here 20 years ago the market value of land is 3,000 pesos per square meter. When the mini mall was constructed by the gate of our village the market price had increased to double. Now the going rate of lots here is 10,000 per square meter. That value is due to the development in our village. The location is very important to me that is why I ignored the 2 lots in the low lying area. I know that the area is flooded during heavy rains. A lot in another area that is flood free is also not good to my eyes because the neighborhood is not decent. There is one lot that looked good but the title is not available because of a bank loan.
Yes u right.i also consider ignoring flooded area when ever I want to buy a plot . because most of the time buying flooded area mostly means extra cash .some times 50 to 70 percent of the actual price bought.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
Obviously the price of a real estate property is something that must first be put into consideration when thinking of buying a property . You just have to know the price of anything you are interested to buy because if you do not have an idea of the price you might not be able to buy it and at the end of the day you may be disappointed.

Personally if I am interested to buy things like the real estate property the most important thing I will look at is not only the price in most cases but also the future potential of the property I am buying because that will really help you to understand if this will be valuable to you in the future or not.

Most location does not really have anything to offer and you won't likely be able to earn anything if you are investing in such a location , that is why we have to carry out our analysis to really understand where we are investing in real estate.

Another thing I will put into consideration is the security of the location , a lot of people might not put it into consideration but it is absolutely necessary.

Ithedicious

Valued Contributor
Thank you very much for the enlightenment , although I may not have the ability to invest in real estate property now , but I still have to learn all these things and understand it because it is necessary that we understand them . Possibly we have it at the back of our mind , we might decide to invest in real estate in the future and if we can be able to understand these things now, we will be able to know how to invest properly without regret or mistake.

Considering the price of a particular real estate property you are interested to invest on will really help you to decide where to invest and how to invest. Some real estate properties are quite expensive and may not be affordable to so many investors.

In most cases when you can't afford what you need, sometimes you have to shift a location because location really plays an important factors in determining the price of a particular real estate property. But that does not really mean that you should invest in the rural settlements because they may not likely be profitable.

Sometimes partnering with real estate business organisation might also be a great idea .

Chibson

VIP Contributor
Real estate investment is something that comes with a lot of responsibilities because you have to make a lot of research and at the same time be very careful if not you may actually not be in profit.

Sometimes, when people see a real estate property that is cheap, they think that because it is very cheap then it is automatically profitable in the long run but sometimes the reverse is usually the case.

There are a lot of things you need to put into consideration before purchasing a real estate property and the first one is location. If you want to purchase a real estate property you must make a lot of research and know whether it is a place that will be developed within some period of time.

You need to realise that real estate investment is a business and locating the best properties will give you profit. Location of course plays a very important role to whether a property will give you a very good return of investment in the nearest future or not.

Price is another important thing you need to put into consideration when purchasing a real estate property. there are some strategic locations in which you can get a land or any property at a very cheap price and of course as a business man, it is your duty to make research.

Mika

VIP Contributor
First and foremost, you should know how much money you have for investing in real estate, and what is the source of your money. Secondly, you need to know how long can you hold your investment. If the money you are going to invest in your own money and if you can hold your investment for a long time without having to sell when the market is down, real estate investment can be very profitable. If the money you are going to invest in is a loan you took from the bank or burrowed from other people, you may not be able to hold your investment for a long time and might end up selling when the market is down, which will be a great loss. How much money you have is also a determining force because if you have a lot of money you might be able to invest in commercial property with high resell value. however, if you do not have a lot of money you might end up buying properties in the areas where it will be difficult to sell again. If you do not have much, you will never be able t invest in the city core area you may be able to invest only in the outskirts

Shigobad2020

Real estate property buying , selling and renting out has been a good and lucrative business which bring a huge amount of income everyday if you are a good estate agent. And there are many things to consider when choosing a real estate property to buy and sell .

The first thing to consider is the location of the property, location is very important aspect that decided the future and the gain you will make from the property if you decided to buy the property. For example if you buy an land in a rural area that's not developed at all , you have to wait for a very long time before the area is developed before you can make any gain from the sale of the land but in a developed or developing area , you can just wait a little and resell the land and make more money.
It's even the location that will determine the price .