3 Methods to Grow Your Youtube Channel

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
A lot of people start youtube channel with a great fanfare, however, the elan soon passes away because they fail to get enough subscribers and watch time to pass the monetization threshold.

If you are trying to grow your youtube channel, these tips might help you.

Be consistent: If you want to become successful, you need a consistent schedule. It is better to publish videos on a regular basis even when you are publishing 1-2 videos every week.

Focus on a single niche: Not focusing on a niche is one of the biggest mistakes committed by small youtubers, which make them fail on youtube. You published information on football yesterday, today you published a video on travel, and tomorrow you are going to publish a game video. This kind of strategy does not work. When you start on Youtube, always focus on one niche. If you have other niches in mind, create another channel.

Create a great intro: If you are a gamer, try to share the most important tip on the intro, viewers will stay on your video waiting for more. If you are a travel vlogger, start with showing the best scene and telling the audience what you have found. Viewers will wait to watch where on earth is that place.

Mika

VIP Contributor
These are certainly great methods to grow your youtube channel and the only thing I would like to add here is that you need to be a great video creator to succeed on youtube. Topic selection is not the only method to succeed on youtube, you also need to be good at content creation, you need skills to shoot videos and edit videos, for that purpose you need video marking skills.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
You need to be good communicator and use the universal language that most people underhand. I do find it embarrassing and appalling when I try to watch YouTube video and I discover that the video was made with local language. We should know YouTube is a global platform. And also, we should use quality tools while creating videos. There are a many videos I have refused to watch just because of bad or low quality visual or audio.

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
I do not think language is the problem, you can use you own local language and still succeed on youtube. If you check top 10 youtube channels, you will see non-English language channels also being listed. Since youtube allows you to choose the location, a lot of people will select their home country, which means they will rarely see the language that they do not use. If You are based in Africa, you will probably not see Asian language channels. But I do agree about low quality visuals. This is one of the major mistakes committed by new content creator. They have poor visuals, or bad audio.

Wiserr

A lot of people start youtube channel with a great fanfare, however, the elan soon passes away because they fail to get enough subscribers and watch time to pass the monetization threshold.

If you are trying to grow your youtube channel, these tips might help you.

Be consistent: If you want to become successful, you need a consistent schedule. It is better to publish videos on a regular basis even when you are publishing 1-2 videos every week.

Focus on a single niche: Not focusing on a niche is one of the biggest mistakes committed by small youtubers, which make them fail on youtube. You published information on football yesterday, today you published a video on travel, and tomorrow you are going to publish a game video. This kind of strategy does not work. When you start on Youtube, always focus on one niche. If you have other niches in mind, create another channel.

Create a great intro: If you are a gamer, try to share the most important tip on the intro, viewers will stay on your video waiting for more. If you are a travel vlogger, start with showing the best scene and telling the audience what you have found. Viewers will wait to watch where on earth is that place.
Wow this is indeed a nice idea and I am sure it will definitely work out,in everything we do when we are consistent in it as you said earlier we will be successful in it.

Jamoflondon

Verified member
I am not saying the other two methods you listed above is not effective or does not work but the one that I think it is more important out of the three is to be consistent, as a matter of fact, it is vital to apply this in every work you do, most especially when you are beginning to gain attention form people that is when you have to work more on your consistency because by then, your clients or fans will be very expectant of you because they are already get used to you and starting to make you a priority, so you have to keep working hard so as not to disappoint them.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
Another most important point is advertisement, this one is also really important because advertisement here means that you have to introduce your YouTube videos to a lot of people ,you can do it on social media or any other platform that has thousands of people. you can also hire the services of a digital marketer to help you promote your YouTube videos as this will help gain the attention of more people which can increase your subscriber and your earning ability.. YouTube business may be profitable but the most important thing is consistency just like they have set it up there.. you really need to take it seriously.

Chibson

VIP Contributor
YouTube is undoubtedly one of the best ways in which anyone can make some good amount of money for themselves on the internet currently. As a YouTuber, there are several opportunities for you to make money and therefore you must put a lot of effort in making sure that every video you put out is very much valuable.

You need to choose a very good niche that you have some level of knowledge about because if you do not have a lot of knowledge of what you're talking about you may actually not be able to get a lot of subscribers. After choosing a niche you need to start creating videos one step at a time and you also need to have proper knowledge of search engine optimisation.

Search engine optimisation will help you to get a lot of exposure especially people searching on specific keywords from Google because they can be able to see your videos and probably watch and if possible subscribe.

Consistency is very important because if you are not consistent enough, you may not be able to make profit at the long run. Even when you are not seeing any results you need to be consistent and continue pushing until you monetize your channel and start making reasonable money.