3 lucrative business to start with N50,000 in Nigeria

Finger Geek

Verified member
It is believe of many people that to start a business the person will need big money to start. But it is not all business that requires big amount of money. With little amount of money like $110/N50,000 you can start a business. Below are the list of business you can start with N50,000.

1. Popcorn business : popcorn is one of the snacks that people buy and eat everyday. All you need to buy is the machine which worth up to N45,000 with corn, butter and sugar which are not more than N5000.

2. Shawarma Business : You don't need much money to do this also. You will need to find a good location like hotel for the business. You will need grilling machine and Shawarma ingredients.

3. Sales of CD/DVD's Business : There is no house in your street that people don't watch films especially Korean drama episode film. And the sales of a DVD disc is N150. You can buy for wholesale at the rate of N30 at Alaba market.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
I will have to agree with the first two businesses but not the third one. I doubt people are into buying of vd or. CD any more in Nigeria. For me and people around me I. Can't remember the last time I bought or anyone around me. Not with the cheap cable stations now and the videos on the internet. I will prefer one go into laundry business with. Such amount

uforwealth

Verified member
No 3 is an unreliable source of income nowadays. Gone are those days when the sale of DVDs or CDs can make you rich.
If you try it now, you will eventually blame yourself.

This type of business is no more lucrative as a result of piracy and free online audio and video platforms.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
Laughs, you really took your time well to bring this idea here. No doubt, with N50,000 invested on this three business options you mentioned in Nigeria will be productive. I'll go for the sharwama business, since you don't have to rent a shop/store for it, just finding a spot in the open place like the hotel to operate. Lots of people enjoy eating sharwama if I'm good making sweet sharwama it will sell.

Chibson

VIP Contributor
As a Nigerian there are so many businesses in which you can start and make a lot of profit over time. It is therefore advisable that before you venture into any business you should make enough research of how it works and how you can make a lot of profit and make it a very successful one. You can start provisions business with 50,000 naira. All you need is to brainstorm I have idea of how it works. Another business you can start with and that amount is grocery business.

Wisdom01

Valued Contributor
Popcorn business is really booming the obly factor there is finding a better location most especially road side where people can actually see your business and obviously purchase as time goes on , and also business like shawarma and others this are business you could consider and would be beneficial at the end

funmi

Verified member
There really good business ideas. Non of the business you highlighted is bad to start up. The only thing to do now is to check and think of the one or ones you can fit in. For example, someone like me can fit in, in two of the business you have listed above. I can do the one of pop corn and selling of CD/DVD disc. Someone can get a small shop and do the two businesses together. The pop corn equipment and ingredients does not need much. So the DVD disc can contain the shop.

Wisdom01

Valued Contributor
There really good business ideas. Non of the business you highlighted is bad to start up. The only thing to do now is to check and think of the one or ones you can fit in. For example, someone like me can fit in, in two of the business you have listed above. I can do the one of pop corn and selling of CD/DVD disc. Someone can get a small shop and do the two businesses together. The pop corn equipment and ingredients does not need much. So the DVD disc can contain the shop.
Yeah this is another good thought as you could double your profit through that means , because for instance if you are running the business and the sale of cd disc did not move that day , more profit would come from the sale of pop corn giving you multiple options to earn profit and increase your business potential

Lens1000

VIP Contributor
There are so many businesses .you can start with #50,000 in Nigeria. The point you raised are valid but the third point will not work in urban areas . When I went to my village , so many people still fancy buying CDS but in lagos , you aren't going to sell nada. Popcorn is a good one as it is loved by both adult and children.

Wisdom01

Valued Contributor
There are so many businesses .you can start with #50,000 in Nigeria. The point you raised are valid but the third point will not work in urban areas . When I went to my village , so many people still fancy buying CDS but in lagos , you aren't going to sell nada. Popcorn is a good one as it is loved by both adult and children.
I think the demand in lagos is really low because of the development and people mostly watch digital cable like dstv , gotv compared to others and this obviously spiked the increase in the sale in Lagos compared to the village where many are still making use of cd since some cant afford to have the satelite dishes

Sherman198

VIP Contributor
People don't buy disc anymore.....in my country disc business is no more selling. People can just go to the internet to download their favorite films or movies. Or they subscribe to dish....there are cheap dish with very low subscription to watch different movies from. So I think its good to look for other business apart from disc business.

Chibson

VIP Contributor
Selling of CDs is not as lucrative as it used to be in the early 2000s. The business used to boom both in rural areas and urban areas as of that time and there are a lot of people who made a lot of money from it. There are many people who have cables and this can always provide them with any type of entertainment they want and therefore there is no need for buying CDs.

Sherman198

VIP Contributor
Selling of CDs is not as lucrative as it used to be in the early 2000s. The business used to boom both in rural areas and urban areas as of that time and there are a lot of people who made a lot of money from it. There are many people who have cables and this can always provide them with any type of entertainment they want and therefore there is no need for buying CDs.
CDs used to be hotcake in Nigeria....some people made it doing that business. Now, some people are still doing it but I doubt if they are making anything tangible. Everyone is going online now to download their favorite movies or skits. But I think they still do CDs in abroad, those are original CDs.

Sherman198

VIP Contributor
As a Nigerian there are so many businesses in which you can start and make a lot of profit over time. It is therefore advisable that before you venture into any business you should make enough research of how it works and how you can make a lot of profit and make it a very successful one. You can start provisions business with 50,000 naira. All you need is to brainstorm I have idea of how it works. Another business you can start with and that amount is grocery business.
Any business created or established without the application of reasoning, that business may not succeed. It's very imperative that whatever business whatsoever, a complete analysis should be made in order for the business to flourish. Many people jump into business without proper investigation. Those kind of business crumbles easily.

Setho

VIP Contributor
I think that we are very well past the barrier of using disc to watch movies. A lot of the people that I know still patronize disc are people who watch wrestling but then you can still download that on the internet. Apart from that I think every other business idea that was listed there is very good and can fetch you a decent amount of money in the long run.