15 Business idea to try out as a student

Doradorwa

Opportunity seeker
Good day everyone.... Firstly I am a student and also a business person and soon to be a business owner and I see opportunities all around me... And I try my possible best to ultilize all this opportunities... Being a student does not stop you from making money... Infact with the lot of bills on you you should be motivated to make money... In this article I want to highlight someways you can get money as a student... With your data or hand to hand job.
1. Doing surveys( with data)
2. Post to pay websites( with data)
3. Website designing and logo designing(with data and laptop)
4. Ice cream shop( with a very little money)
5. Small chops(e.g buns, egg roll,pies)
6. Dry cleaning/laundering
7. Decorating new students apartment
8. Hostel agent for students
9. Pos agent
10.A photocopier
11. Making bedsheets and pillow case
12. Making curtains and throw pillows
13. Doing assignment and researches for sale.
14. Sales of used clothes,underwear, used chargers and used electrical appliances
15. Charging of phones, laptops and other electrical appliances.

Just look for that business opportunity around your school and make money out of it.

Wonderful write up there. I always say that any person doing business in a school environment especially higher institutions is bound to make it big as long as school is in session. I would like to add few other ones you didn't include.

1. Hair saloon for the ladies
2. Barber shop for the guys
3. Tailoring shops

You can also add manicure and pedicure to the hair saloon.
You could even sell raw food stuff or ingredients

Good day everyone.... Firstly I am a student and also a business person and soon to be a business owner and I see opportunities all around me... And I try my possible best to ultilize all this opportunities... Being a student does not stop you from making money... Infact with the lot of bills on you you should be motivated to make money... In this article I want to highlight someways you can get money as a student... With your data or hand to hand job.
9. Pos agent
10.A photocopier
14. Sales of used clothes,underwear, used chargers and used electrical appliances

Just look for that business opportunity around your school and make money out of it.
What of selling of food to make end needs,most men and women who are into this kind of business maker it more in life by this kind of Business,so I can get you or anyone reading this now to try and venture into this kind of business,like I said before you can never blame your self of doing that kind of business...
So my advice now to anyone reading this is he or she told try invest in this kind of business,because it is more profitable..
Why we all go into business !!;

A very good list, these are very good way to make money as a student especially for someone whose parents are not that financially buoyant. They can use it to support themselves in school and for covering little bills, But above all it should be a business that won't affect the student academic performance because being a student alone is a very tasking, so if should be a business that does not take majority of your time as a student

9. Pos agent
10.A photocopier

I totally agree, studying is not an impediment, as long as you know how to distribute your time and your priorities well.
When you decide to work on your own, one of the first difficulties is deciding what to do, what business to start.
When a person decides to try to work on their own, one of the first difficulties they usually face is what to do, what business to start, that is, how and where to find a good business idea.
Finding good business ideas is a matter of attitude. Develop curiosity, have a proactive attitude, be a good observer, seek new ways of doing things, take controlled risks; versus waiting for someone to bring you a good business idea for you to benefit.

It is true that without an idea there is no company, but the idea is only the beginning of the creative process that, planning through, will culminate (or not) with the creation of the company.

Wonderful article but there is one particular business that is thriving so much among students in almost all Schools in the country and that business is clothes selling business. There are so many student on campus that loves buying clothes and clothing items. They love this because they will be seen to be fashionable and quite desirable in the school environment. This has created a huge demand for clothing business. Infact, all students wants to look fly whenever they are in school.

I will definitely recommend the laundry business and painting and decorating new students hostels. I have friends that are either into laundry or painting and decorations. For laundry business, the major thing you need is a washing machine and pressing iron, will the that you are ready for business. You don't even need a shop site because you can do this from the comfort of your house. For painting and decorations, all you need is good referrals from your friends and colleagues in your awesomeness at painting and decorations. With that you are good to go.

9. Pos agent
10.A photocopier

These are very wonderful ideas you have shared here and as a student you need to be very strategic in choosing the plan that works for you though personally online source of earnings would have been best like the survey and paid forums but as Nigerians we had very little from survey because the survey sites complain of having low advertisers from our country but paid forums will always esrn you something substantial if you're committed then and for offline it will be good if you serve us estate agents that is helping assisting students to get new house or apartment this doesn't take much time and get your commission.

Those are very good suggestions. But out of all these what I think will sell the most is fast food. I remember when a fellow student in the department will bring all sorts of snacks and small chops to the school and she will always sell them all before she go home. When I heard how much she makes everyday I was shocked, that was how she made her own money low-key. So if you can go into small chops or fast food you can never go wrong, because students always eat.

School can be a great time to explore entrepreneurship. And there are plenty of different business opportunities that students can start without a lot of upfront expense or time commitment. Nice list, also add app developer, tech support provider etc.

There are many businesses to start as a student this include
Barbing saloon and hair dressing for women
Selling of kerosene in the hostels
Tailoring if you have enough time
Dry cleaning
Charging of phones and electronic
Being a hostel agents
Starting POS business
And any other business you see that there is a need for it

Those are very good suggestions. But out of all these what I think will sell the most is fast food. I remember when a fellow student in the department will bring all sorts of snacks and small chops to the school and she will always sell them all before she go home. When I heard how much she makes everyday I was shocked, that was how she made her own money low-key. So if you can go into small chops or fast food you can never go wrong, because students always eat.
Small chops is a kind of business that can always fetch you money no matter your gender... We did valentine party at my hostel and the caterer that did cupcakes for us was a male... And he did 6 for 2k and we ordered for 6 in 6 places... I was surprised when I saw the cake... Nothing too fancy yet was so expensive... Doughnut and likes are also paying...

Wow... Am a student and at the same time an entrepreneur. I own a small shop where I sells recharge cards.
So business to do as a student:
1. Recharge card business
2. Typing and editing
3. Organise tutorial classes
4. Sell compiled past questions
5. Used clothes business
6. Hair plaiting
7. Manicure and pedicure
8. Bathing
9. Graphic design
10. Become a jumai agent
11. Catering
12. Shoe making
13. Bag making
14. Beed making
15. laundry

There are many opportunities to make money as a student but most would like to form rich when they are actually not. I worked as a fashion designer and makeup artist while I was in school and I made quite a reasonable amount of money for a student. I could get things for myself without stressing out my parents, and I was able to build my small customer base then.