10 Best Side Hustle Ideas for Busy Students in 2022

Holicent

VIP Contributor
If you're a busy student, you know that finding time to study and do homework can be a struggle. Here are 9 side hustle ideas for busy students in 2022.

1. Tutoring

2. Writing articles and blog posts

3. Making videos (business, marketing, cooking)

4. Translating documents or websites into different languages

5. Editing papers or articles for others (or even your own)

6. Video editing and creating graphics for websites and social media platforms

7. Blogging about your hobbies and interests (i.e., music, arts, sports)

8. Creating digital artwork or graphic design for other creators who want it done (i.e., musicians, artists). You can sell these pieces on sites like Etsy or Redbubble if you have the skills to do so!

9. Photography on location with models as well as studio photography work.

10. Freelancing:

Freelancing is another great option for busy students looking for extra cash. You can work as much or as little as you want, depending on how much time you have available to do the projects you're hired for. Freelancers typically charge by the hour or project, so you may need to pick your projects carefully based on how much time they'd take and what kind of work you're comfortable doing.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
This is great so that students do not have any excuse to say the do not have means of making money being a student doesn't stop one from creating time to make money .

it is always good as a student to have side hustles and you can also make money to buy the tiniest of things for yourself. one can also even make money especially if the sponsors are limited in funds you can also help yourself by raising money to take care of the financial aspects of your schooling that you can do.

it will help reduce frustration and lack of concentration from one studies if one doesn't have the skills to work on freelance sites then just completing simple tasks on-site will give anyone some money if not for anything you will be able to have pocket money to buy the little groceries that will help you in school and your personal life

Etini

Valued Contributor
It is not easy to run a business alongside an academic pursuit. It can drain you physically and mentally. I tried it once back then in school and it was not easy. I was working in the school library on a part-time basis. There were days I got home and I couldn't even raise a muse to do anything.

But that photography is a very nice way to make money as a student. It is a little bit easier because you can be doing it on weekends. That's when they are events all over campus. It doesn't interfere with your academics that way.

The opportunity cost of doing business as a student is your academics. It takes a great deal of determination and disciple to still have good grades while hustling in school. It is not impossible though. The few students who hustle while still in school make average grades at best.

Ithedicious

Valued Contributor
Thank you for sharing , but I don't know the possibility of student who are busy engaging in tutoring business on their spare time because some students might be so busy to a point that they may not really have the time to focus on something different most especially the medical students and some others who are studying complicated courses.

I believe that the best way you can make money as a busy student is to make it directly based on the skill you have acquired before getting into school , it could be a digital skill or an offline skills because that is something you can create a little of your time to Do.

But at the same time to be able to make money as a busy student will mostly depend on you because even though you may be busy but proper time management can gives you a lot of free time.

Chibson

VIP Contributor
There are unlimited opportunities for students to make some good amount of money for themselves both online and offline. I am a student and I live in the university environment and I can tell you that there are a lot of students who are into so many businesses and they are very successful in it.

Tutoring is actually one of the best of them and you can make some good amount of money if you're very much knowledgeable about some courses. There are always students who may find it difficult to understand them and they will always come to you to teach them for their exams and a lot of other things.

Photography is also another good business venture in this part of the world and so many people are using it to make some good amount of money for themselves. so many photographers will actually make a lot of money in the incoming matriculation for freshers.

Yusra3

Banned
Here's my 10 ideas:

1. Sell your clothes on consignment

2. Hire a stylist to help you style your own clothes

3. Become a personal shopper and sell your services

4. Rent out your spare room, or buy an Airbnb listing for extra cash

5. Start a food truck business and sell homemade sandwiches, salads, and more!

6. Sell ramen noodles on campus as a part of your budgeting plan (it's healthy!)

7. Rent out spare space at your dorm or apartment building to students who need an extra room for studying or hosting events. you'll make extra money while also helping other students!

8. Become a freelance writer and turn articles into e-books or blog posts that can be sold online (or even printed). You could even create an online course on how to write article..

9. Work at an animal shelter as a volunteer and get paid in food donations or supplies from the shelter's storeroom. this is great for people who love animals but don't have time for pet sitting jobs due to work schedules.

10. Start a blog and sell your own products or services on it (or both!)