Which is better better pay or work life balance?

Holicent

VIP Contributor
Work life balance and better pay are both important to consider when you're deciding where to work. However, there are a few things to keep in mind:

1. Better pay is not always better. If your job is so stressful that it takes away from your ability to enjoy life outside of work, then it's probably not worth the money.

2. Good work-life balance doesn't necessarily mean low pay or no opportunity for promotion; it means having enough time in each day to accomplish your goals and still have time for yourself, whether that be family time, friends, hobbies, or even just watching Netflix for an hour.

3. If you can find a job with both good pay and good work-life balance, then lucky you. I would say this is a perfect spot. But unfortunately, that is not usually the case. So what will be your take on this when it comes to career.

Jasz

VIP Contributor
We've all heard the saying: "If you love what you do, it's not work." I don't know about you, but I've always found this hard to believe. Not only do I find my work incredibly demanding and stressful, but I also don't even love it. The thing is, though, I'm lucky enough to have a good salary and benefits that come with my job. So what would happen if I did love my job? Would that make everything better? It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that when you're happy at work, you're more likely to be productive, efficient and innovative.

But does that mean you should sacrifice pay for happiness? I think we need to ask ourselves what really makes us happy: earning more money or having more time off? It may seem obvious at first glance, most people would rather make more money than less, but if we really sit down and think about it, there are many things in life besides money that bring us joy. For example: spending time with family and friends; experiencing new things; being active; learning new skills; etc.