How to Sell on Etsy

Mika

VIP Contributor
If you want to do an online business, you can sell products through your own store, however, selling on third-party stores like Etsy, Zazzle, etc. can be better because you don’t have to spend a lot of money to set up stores and these marketplaces already have a lot of traffic, therefore, selling is little easier. If you want to sell on Etsy, you will find these tips easy to follow.

Understand the algorithm: Etsy algorithm gives preference to new sellers and new listings. Therefore, when you are a new seller or have just published a listing, Etsy will prioritize your listing.

Your listing needs clicks: New listing will be prioritized by Etsy, however, in order to remain afloat, your listing needs clicks.

Your listing needs to be favorite: People need to favorite your listing. When people are favoriting your listing, the Etsy algorithm will believe that people are loving your product. Therefore, your listing will top the internal ranking.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
That's cool to learn how Etsy works and how to prioritize the marketplace and get my products listing at their featured list. But, do you think anyone can sell at Etsy? Is it open to physical products? I will go research more about the marketplace. I know I wouldn't be selling physical items at that store, the best I can deal on is digital products, that's the one I'm passionate for, and I'm working to get more digital products. I'll go check if their is digital product listings and the type of digital products that are allowed in the marketplace.

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
Personalized products tend to be the highest-selling items on Etsy. To succeed, create product mock-ups that allow buyers to add personalized messages or designs. For instance, you can list a T shirt for sell, and allow your buyers to add any messages or design they want. The same design can be sold with multiple messages and slogans. You also need to promote your Etsy store through blogging and social media to build a following interested in your niche. Without marketing, it is quite difficult to sell on etsy.