General insurance Does fire insurance cover for forest fire damages

Phabbyfundz

There has been a lot of sudden fire outbreak and hazards in recent times in many parts if the world today. The recent fire hazards in USA, Canada ,even in some Asia country has led me to ponder if insurance companies help cover for the damages done by sudden forest reserve fires lead to the destruction of valuable natural resources, land produce and even properties along the way.
I would want to know if there are any policy under fire insurance that covers for forest fires. From you experience with insurance companies have you had scenario where the insurance came to their aid in times of forest hazards and disasters.
Are insurance companies reliable in times of fire hazards or disasters to do only aid during house fires or company fire hazards .

btaliat

VIP Contributor
This is a natural disaster that is not caused by human and not happening to only person but the country. So I don't think it has anything to do with any insurance company. Because there is even tendency that the insurance company will even be affected by the fire incident.

Mandy96

Valued Contributor
Forest fire damages could happen in different ways. It might be by thunder which would be classified as a natural disaster because nobody started it. And again it could start by fire outbreak accident which the insurance company could also said it was started by the insured intentionally and this can lead to a court case

btaliat

VIP Contributor
Forest damages to be candid should not be covered by the insurance. There are different reasons why I jumped into the conclusion. The firdt one is that, there is no one who will insure the forest except the national government, the second reason is that, it may be difficult to conclude whether it is natural or man caused.

Wisdom01

Valued Contributor
I have not come across such thing before , I think the forest fire damage could be natural and I Know that insurance company don't cover anything concerning natural disasters I think ,but I Know of fire insurance coverage relating to business and companies and it have been what they are into

Chibson

VIP Contributor
That was when that happened in Australia sometime ago I think about last year or last two years and the case may be. This kind of disasters are natural disasters and I don't think anyone can be held liable for its course. In some cases it can also be started by human mistake.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
I have not come across such thing before , I think the forest fire damage could be natural and I Know that insurance company don't cover anything concerning natural disasters I think ,but I Know of fire insurance coverage relating to business and companies and it have been what they are into
Sorry if this sounds somehow but we are here to learn. Insurance covers any circumstances that happens are not artificially caused and not man made. They don't really cover any events that are caused by men intentionally. But in the case of forest, it is the duty of the government to protect the forest and not individuals asking insurance companies to cover it.

Chibson

VIP Contributor
Sorry if this sounds somehow but we are here to learn. Insurance covers any circumstances that happens are not artificially caused and not man made. They don't really cover any events that are caused by men intentionally. But in the case of forest, it is the duty of the government to protect the forest and not individuals asking insurance companies to cover it.
Definitely insurance companies have their own policies and people need to understand that it is a business they are running and that they need to make profit. There are some situation that an insurance company cannot cover. it seems that a lot of people do not know about this but it is definitely the truth.

Wisdom01

Valued Contributor
Yeah that's it , it's a natural disasters so they don't cover such ,only thing caused by man made , because they know that natural disaster could happen frequently and any time or day , so they are not ready to be broke insuring people business from forest fire insurance ,the government are truly the one to take care of that

btaliat

VIP Contributor
Yeah that's it , it's a natural disasters so they don't cover such ,only thing caused by man made , because they know that natural disaster could happen frequently and any time or day , so they are not ready to be broke insuring people business from forest fire insurance ,the government are truly the one to take care of that
Thanks for thinking along side by thought. So people do believe that insurance company is a charity company that gives out money anytime there is natural disaster. But the actual truth is that they only compensate where there is event that happens accidentally. And it is beyond the insured person power to control. I hope we have all learnt some things through this thread.

Phabbyfundz

This is a natural disaster that is not caused by human and not happening to only person but the country. So I don't think it has anything to do with any insurance company. Because there is even tendency that the insurance company will even be affected by the fire incident.
I would like to appreciate you for you points , but I would like to state that even if the fire hazards affects the whole country even the insurance companies it self doesn't change the fact that some affected has an insurance policy plan and the work of the insurance is to serves as a form of indemnity against any occurrence of unfortunate events.

Wisdom01

Valued Contributor
Thanks for thinking along side by thought. So people do believe that insurance company is a charity company that gives out money anytime there is natural disaster. But the actual truth is that they only compensate where there is event that happens accidentally. And it is beyond the insured person power to control. I hope we have all learnt some things through this thread.
Yeah I have learnt something through the thread , insurance company is truly not a charitable organization they have staff that are Working with them and they need revenue to pay them for the service they are rendering and they don't want to end up into big debt , so they would be careful and insure the risk that are worth it

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
This topic is directly related to the forest fires that are being experienced in California and Australia. In our country forest fire is rare and it occurs only in small portions of the forest because during summer the grass is not very dry like in other countries. However, I don't think the fire that is caused by a forest fire will be covered by an insurance policy. It can be considered a natural cause.

Wisdom01

Valued Contributor
This topic is directly related to the forest fires that are being experienced in California and Australia. In our country forest fire is rare and it occurs only in small portions of the forest because during summer the grass is not very dry like in other countries. However, I don't think the fire that is caused by a forest fire will be covered by an insurance policy. It can be considered a natural cause.
Exactly it's in the policy and since it's a natural cause they might actually look away from it and not cover it , because those natural disasters could happen at any point in time, and insurance company don't want to make loss covering the risk many times , so they actually do take their own precautions too

btaliat

VIP Contributor
I would like to appreciate you for you points , but I would like to state that even if the fire hazards affects the whole country even the insurance companies it self doesn't change the fact that some affected has an insurance policy plan and the work of the insurance is to serves as a form of indemnity against any occurrence of unfortunate events.
That is true. Those that are under any insurance policies that are related to fire insurance policy only will be compensated. Remember it is only those that are under fire insurance policy that will be compensated but not everybody because the incident is related to fire and not other natural disaster.