YouTube channel or blog; which one is better to make money ?

uptrendfinancialsignal

Verified member
Based on my experience, I would say that both YouTube channel and blog have the potentials to generate passive income for you but the best option that you can tap into is to depend on your interest , skills and the preference of your audience. It is clear to understand that some people prefer watching videos while others would prefer to read articles to gain necessary information. I would also advise toconsider your target audience when choosing between the two. A YouTube channel could be a very great option if you want to earn passive income because once you upload the video, it will continue to generate views

Lens1000

VIP Contributor
Blogging has a lot of advantages because it is great way to earn passive income and once you are able to publish a blog post it will definitely attract organic traffic from searchbengines and this will continue to generate ads revenue, affiliate marketing commission or through product sales . That is why you can make passive income to from blogging. Another important thing is that you have more control over the content and you can monetize it in various ways such as sponsor post, digital products or through membership subscriptions.

Lens1000

VIP Contributor
It is also good to consider creating and selling digital products such as ebooks online courses or printables. You can try this and leverage on your skills to make decent amount of money. Exploring the world of affiliate marketing is also another wonderful option that you could consider. You would earn commission when you start to promote both product or services from companies. You can start a blog or YouTube channel that is focus on a particular niche topic that interest you and you will make money too.

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
Technically speaking, you can make more money form your blog compared to youtube. On your blog, you can not only earn from adsense and amazon ads but also by selling your digital products, starting a dropshipping business, starting a print on demand business, selling subscription services etc. On youtube you also earn from adsese and amazon affiliate marketing but you will be able to make big only when you get sponsors and getting sponsors require to have hundreds of thousands followers and it is not easy to build followers

niche

Verified member
I feel that at present having a Youtube channel is an easier way to make money, since online video advertising rates are much higher. In contrast CPM and CPC advertising rates are very low , so it is difficult to make money from a blog. The number of blogs in most advertising networks has decreased in the last few years, due to lower revenues.