Your family and friends don't support you when you start a business?

D´Santi

Jack Ma, creator of Alibaba, once said, "When you sell to close friends and family, no matter how much you're charging them, they will always feel that you are stealing their money. No matter how cheaply you sell to them, they won't appreciate it.
There will always be people, friends and family who don't care about your costs, time and effort. They would rather let other people cheat them and charge them more, allowing them to get rich, rather than supporting you or someone they know.

In their heart, they will always be thinking, "How much did he earn from me," rather than "How much did he help me save?

This is a classic example of a poor person's mentality! Do you know how the rich got richer?

One of the main reasons is because they are willing to SUPPORT the business of their associates or enterprising people, taking care of the interests of others, therefore, naturally, they recover more because they take care of their business by creating new friendly customers.
New friends, in turn, will support them, so the circle of wealth will continue to grow.

Simple logic: you will start getting rich once you understand this!

Jack Ma in sales: "When making sales, the first people who will trust you will be Strangers".

Friends will protect themselves against you, the good-weather ones will stay away from you, or maybe a few counted ones will support you a little. Family will protect you but always with their limitations.

The day you finally succeed, paying the bill for every dinner and entertainment, you will realize that everyone else is present except Strangers.

Do you understand the meaning of this? We need to treat our dear Strangers better! And even more so the friends who know what you are doing and investing and who SUPPORT you!
Let's treat the STRANGERS who buy from us or use our services better starting today - they are your BEST customers!

Last edited by a moderator:

travissimons

always men. they said get out from my house and do something for your life

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
When I made my first start up it was a boutique that was situated in front of our home. I was living in my parents' house so it is very convenient for me to handle the store. However, when I invited people to the opening of the shop I have noticed that my siblings didn't come. They have their own reasons but it was clear that they do not support my business. Maybe they envy my store because it is free of rent. Anyway, one of the best trait of the Chinese is the support of the family in the business. I always see the small Chinese store when I was young. The father is the manager and the children are all working in the store. It was like a family affair and that is a kind of family bonding too. If only my family would be like that then my business would succeed.

Josemendez

Verified member
The fact is that it is not wise to depend so much on family and friends when starting any business. this is because they will not give you the support you will be expecting from them .
some of them will not want you to make progress ,and can go as far as painting your product bad . This is while we should not so much depend on them for our business success .
However , there are some loyal friends and family members that we can actually trust to help us promote our business. we only need to examine them and be sure that they are trustworthy .
But then , we should first believe in ourselves , that we can make it without the help of other people.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
You have written this constructively and it a thought out of the box. Yes I totally support your notion here. Family and friends have this entitled mentality where they believe everything should be free for them. Even if you would sell below your cost price they wouldn't mind to buy at that price. They wouldn't even mind if you give them free, forgetting that you bought the products for business. It is only strangers that understand this principle and try to put it to work.