Writing for clients vs managing your own blog which one is suitable for you?

sincerem

VIP Contributor
Their is no doubt, both of them are rewarding, it depends on the option you choose to go into. Managing a blog might take some time before paying off, especially when you're starting for the first time. But when you're a professional writer, you can simply earn money straight away, provided you can offer excellent job that impresses the employer who offered you the job. He can decide to retain you, advertise you to others which is very much productive in your writing career.

For the fact that, you can't start earning immediately from your blog, writing for other bloggers and website owners is a big step towards learning how to manage your own blog. Their is nothing bad when you manage a blog and still make out time to write for clients. Most people feel tired doing the two, but if you have the strength, it pays off really well. But if you're choosy then you can find anyone of them to work for and earn substantially long time. I prefer owning a blog at the moment and building it up gradually, than writing for employers via freelance marketplace and elsewhere. I am still writing for clients, but my vision is to own a blog site that will bring me steady income in the future and not waiting for clients to offer me gigs before earning from the skill of writing.

which one do you prefer?

D

Deleted member 28127

When you write for your own blog there is a waiting time but only on blog beginning after a certain period of time you realise that it becomes popular but when writing for other blogs you still wait for article approvation in order to earn money again and this approvation could stay a week or even a couple of weeks before getting approved on online writing platform a long way to earn from write an article of 500 words that you still write it and they also limit you to submit specific simultany pieces of work depend on your level.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
When you write for your own blog there is a waiting time but only on blog beginning after a certain period of time you realise that it becomes popular but when writing for other blogs you still wait for article approvation in order to earn money again and this approvation could stay a week or even a couple of weeks before getting approved on online writing platform a long way to earn from write an article of 500 words that you still write it and they also limit you to submit specific simultany pieces of work depend on your level.
I understand your points dearie, no one is easier but to get the better option, we should all utilize the options that have to do with writing in order to earn rewards from all angles and not dwelling on a single opportunity. I love blogging as well, but I need it quicker that's why I'm not doing blogging of a thing. But to me my blog will be the best for me to earn better when it has grown higher in traffic. I'll consider that very soon, when I've earned enough from the varieties of sites and offering writing services online.

Mika

VIP Contributor
Even though I hired a professional writer to write for my blog when I was developing my blog. However, after my blog started earning, I stopped paying for articles as well. Instead of hiring writers, I began writing my own content. Even though I saved money on content development, I could not write as well as the writer I hired. Yes, I am learning the trick of the trade. However, I do not write every day, I publish just 1-2 article every month. I do not wrote for clients as well, however, I write on forums to make some quick bucks.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
Is very much understandable that we can't write everyday in our blogs which can cover up to 500-1000 words of two articles and above. Such is draining no doubt, I wouldn't consider myself doing it consistent. I would say, 1-2 articles every three days is a possibility for me to do. I've stopped bidding for jobs via freelance marketplace, due to busy time trying to work out something with jiba.ng Admin to build his marketplace with product placements. I am hopeful of what Jiba NG Admin is building, is better for me to concentrate on that task at the moment and not compounding myself with hectic schedules.

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
I write for clients as well as publish on my own blog. When I write for clients, I make $20-$50 per post of 1500 words. When I publish on my own blog I don't earn upfront but I make money through advertising.. I am also a digital marketer therefore, I write sales pitches and copies. I also work as an influencer, and write a lot of social media posts every day as I am active on number of social sites. When I have to write for clients, I give them two options, either to publish on my own site or let them use the way they want.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
I write for clients as well as publish on my own blog. When I write for clients, I make $20-$50 per post of 1500 words. When I publish on my own blog I don't earn upfront but I make money through advertising.. I am also a digital marketer therefore, I write sales pitches and copies. I also work as an influencer, and write a lot of social media posts every day as I am active on number of social sites. When I have to write for clients, I give them two options, either to publish on my own site or let them use the way they want.
You really up for a lucrative business online, I admire your hard work when it comes to earning money. Can you tell me how much you earn from the total tasks you do online per month? Earning from $20-$50 per 1,500 words article published to a client is a reasonable amount of money gotten for offering your writing skills to the client. The highest I've made per article was around $5 for 10000 words minimum word count. Mine is poor, compared to what you made for 1,500 words article. It depends on the employer and the kind of article you offered him.