Would your do business again with someone who has betrayed you in the past?

Shaf

Verified member
Sometimes, partnerships in business can be great. The advantages are all there; less workload on you, more brainpower to help solve problems and even if possible, more capital to run the business.

Some partnerships would run smoothly, but a lot of them don't. This can create friction in personal relationship which can affect the profitability of your business.

Assuming you have a partner who has betrayed you in the business itself, either by cheating you of profits or cooperating with competition to bring you down, or something similar.

Would you be inclined to work again with such an individual in the future if the person should seek you out? How would you handle things if you choose to accept?

That's like tempting faith, if a person once betrayed you before who's to say they won't do it again? Though there are situations where you might not have much of a choice but to rather go ahead with the business. In such a case I think the best thing to do is follow up the person, make sure you cross check everything they do, whatever report they give, try you best to get your information about it form others as well. Most importantly mind the things you say or do around such persons.

Learning from experience is the best way to learn anything in this life . There is actually no wisdom in going back to do business with somebody who has betrayed your trust in the past .

It is very important that you try as much as possible to forgive them for what they did , because it doesn't make sense to be at loggerheads with somebody .

But going back to do business with such people is something I would never ever consider doing at all .

There is a high probability that people like this have not still changed , and maybe still only be coming back to look for an opportunity to scam you again .

This is the reason why you have to make sure you cut off from such people and make sure you do not have any business relationship to do with them again .

There are better ways to sustain yourself and not just to sit down and continuously hope to get some random people understand you .

Anybody who has betrayed the trust of their business partner , should do well to move on with their own life, and not be thinking about coming back to start another business with the same person again .

No! I would never take such risk again. Once bitten twice shy is a wise saying and not mean to be taken in levity. As a matter of fact, when once I am betrayed once, I might still rapport with you but I have limits. I have been in situations where I lend money without interest to people I thought are genuinely friends but they intentionally refuse to prioritize the debt they owe me, while they keep on fending for themselves but refuse to pay my money. In such cases, when I eventually get the money by force because I too would frown at such attitude, in the case of next time, it baffles me how the same people would still come to lend money from me after what they did.

No matter the situation you might find yourself in, when once you display negligence when it comes to the welfare of others after they helped you out, I would never lend you money again. The same way I would address this issue is that, I would never engage in any business that I have been betrayed by someone. The way people betray these days is very alarming and one needs to be extremely careful.

No this will never happen. How can I repeat such a mistake? The has betrayed me and I'm making business with him? I can never do that because to me, trust is like a sheet of paper and once is been folded, you can never get it straightness back.

Which means I can never work with someone that I don't trust. Many people use to repeat their mistake but no me.

You see, one thing that I have study in life is; life itself is a great teacher to the extent that if you don't take a lesson, then it will repeat it. Let's say you got money and you used all your money to womanize and later you became broke.

After your hustling and you get money again but refused to take lesson from your previous life and so you continue to womanize with your money, life will repeat it. So is better to take lesson from your previous life mistakes and be free.

I have been in situations where I had been betrayed by a business partner and perhaps the reason for such betrayal was because, we were actually friends and that experience taught me that it is better to partner with a third-party with legal backing than with an acquaintance. In the quarter of 2020, I had engaged in an oil palm business with my friend who resided in the northern part of my country, while I was in the west. It happened that I had an idea to export the oil to her location while she sold it for me and take some commissions while sending the rest to my bank details.

We had agreed on the deal even when 100% of the funding was done by me and I agreed to even pay her almost the same percentage as mine. I know the high level of patronage when it comes to quality and undiluted palm oil is high and I was hoping to do business with her on a long term but suddenly, after one day I had sent out oil to her and she had cleared it from the park, I did not hear a word from her until I discovered that she had eloped with my money. Partnership in business is still working out for some people but in most cases, it ends in chaos.

Business is not done so, for you to become successful in business, you don't have to take chances, or letting anyone who plots your downfall to come in again, because such mentality wouldn't still go off from him, no matter..and if I continue with such person wouldn't make any profit thou. So, it is better you don't get to associate anymore with that your friend that betrayed, betrayal isn't acceptable in business. Such person wouldn't be my friend anymore, because friendship isn't about someone betraying. It should be based on mutual understanding, and advise that will bring excellent results in my business career. And the advise that only have the potential to diminish my business for life. Remember, no friendship, brother in business, you should be disciplined enough when it comes to business.

Just as you can't consider a food being vomited as a good food , same is applied to someone who has betrayed you in the process of going into business . You won't be able to consider that person as a good friend or a good partner to go into business possibly sometime in the future again . Majority of people I'm so blind to to take someone who has betrayed them as their enemy or rival and they must in any way avoid them . They still go into business with such individual and in most cases they get betrayed again and again .

It is important we learn from our mistakes and errors . And like they always say experience is the greatest teacher , same is applied to errors and mistakes committed in the process of going into business with a partner who betrayed you in the past . Even if there is no other choice but to go into business with an individual who has betrayed you in the past . You must be smart and alert this time , thereby endeavouring an encouraging there should be an written agreement or contract which is signed and stamped by the contract authorities of the country , so that in any case one among the two parties considers to betray the other the law must stand to see that , that betraying individual is rusticated .

It is a difficult subject because it depends on the context. I will do business with someone that has betrayed me in the past if the betrayal was not personal or if the betrayal was not of an emotional nature.

If I were betrayed in a business deal by a person, but only because they had to protect their own interest, and it was necessary then I would do business with them in the future because it is something that could happen to anyone. But with legal backings and adequate measures in place this time. However, If the betrayal was a personal and emotional one, then I would never get close to doing business with them in the future because I believe that emotions should be forgotten when doing business.

We all know what happens when you mix personal and professional life, and that is why I think it is important to separate them from each other.