Would You Consider Retiring at an Early Age if You Have an Established Business?

Cinderella

Just recently, the bill lowering the mandatory retirement age to 56 has already been approved in its 3rd reading. For the information of our friends here, in our country, the mandatory retirement age for government workers is 65 and optional age is 60.

We all want to spend more time with our family, and with our other activities. However, if we are employed full time, we could not probably devote our time to the things we want to do. Oftentimes, we could not do whatever we want or go to places we want to go because of our job.

If you are given a chance to have a good business while working, would you give up your current work at an early age? If not, what factors would you consider before you retire from your job? What is the ideal age for you?

Thank you for sharing your ideas. Have a great day!

Augusta

VIP Contributor
I will try to combine the two since it is always good to have different sources of income. But if not I will retire early to run the business effectively so that whether I'm there or not the business will still continue. I have made up my mind not to be inactive even when I get to my old age.

Chibson

VIP Contributor
I won't do that I will never do that. as soon as I still have the knowledge and understanding of how to run business and be successful, there is no point retiring at an early age. The likes of Bill Gates run very successful businesses and they did not retire at any age but fulfilled a lot of their business potentials and became one of the most successful business people in the world. So retiring early because you are successful doesn't make sense.

Lens1000

VIP Contributor
If the business is a very good one and it is very lucrative, I will quit my job on one condition. If the business wouldn't survive without my supervision, definitely I will quit my job but if it can be managed well with little supervision then I will run both simultaneously. It's even possible I get someone capable to run it while i add little contribution.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
Actually I have the imagination when I was young that I would be starting several businesses if I would win the lottery jackpot. Retirement can be boring if you have nothing to do. That is why I enjoy working online not really for the small money that I earn but more for the occupation that working online keeps me busy at least in a part of the day.

Sherman198

VIP Contributor
I think retiring at an early age is good if you have a business that's getting bigger day by day and actually needs your solid attention, that if not, it may crumble. With this, I will have to retire early and face my business.

So I can watch over it and nurture the business empires to reach a sustainable height. I think this will be the reason to leave my job and retire early.