Would it be better to charge per hour or per project

Ramolak19

Verified member
When it comes to pricing your services as a freelancer, there are two common methods: charging per hour or per project. Both methods have their advantages and disadvantages, and the best choice depends on several factors.

Charging per hour can be beneficial if you have a lot of variation in the work you do and the time it takes to complete each task. This method allows you to bill for every hour you work and ensures that you are compensated for the time you put in. However, it can be difficult to estimate the total cost of a project and can lead to disputes with clients over the number of hours worked.

Charging per project can be beneficial if you have a clear understanding of the scope of the work and the time it will take to complete. This method allows you to set a fixed price for the entire project, which can be more attractive to clients who want to know the total cost upfront. However, it can be risky if you underestimate the amount of work involved and end up losing money on the project.

Ultimately, the best choice depends on the type of work you do, your experience, and the expectations of your clients. It may be best to offer both options and let the client choose based on their needs and preferences. Whatever method you choose, be sure to communicate clearly with your clients and set clear expectations from the beginning to avoid any misunderstandings or disputes.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
For me I will go with charging per hour. I know it will be a lot more beneficial if you have a lot of hours to dodge per work it means more money for me

This is a very good method as it allows one to bill for every hour you work and ensures that you are compensated for the time you put in. This means that you would not be cheated as per the hours you have put in to make the project works. The thing is that it can be difficult to estimate the total cost of a project