Will play-to-earn gaming become the future?

blockrat

It's difficult to predict how well P2E gaming will perform in the long run 😵‍💫 Although these opportunities are new, many people have made a lot of money from them already.

I personally believe that they are the future but, what do you think?

Mika

VIP Contributor
I am not sure if play to earn games will become the future of gaming. I know blockchain-based games are evolving rapidly, I the games that pay tokens and NFTs are becoming the talk of the town, however, for these play and earn games to become the future of gaming, they need to be available n multiple platforms and released by major studios. For instance, a lot of play-to-earn games are available on PC or mobile devices, these games are available for PlayStation, Nintendo, or Xbox. For example, Axie Infinity is one of the most popular blockchain based games that cna be played on PC or mobile devices, but the game is not available on Playstation, Nintendo, or Xbox. The game is not even available on the Play Store or app store, you will have to install it through a third-party store. The Sandbox is another popular blockchain based game where you can earn real cash, however, this game is also not available for PlayStation, Nintendo, or Xbox. Furthermore, these games are not like other games that you buy and start playing. You need to understand crypto tokens and NFT and how they work. THose who are not into crypto will not take interest.

minenovo

I do not like this concept. Playing is about entertainment, about not thinking about the rest of your troubles while you do it. "I have to play to earn money" removes that fun factor from it.

Lens1000

VIP Contributor
I have come across many play to earn games online and the experience that I have with them are not pleasant at all. Most of the play to earn games are very scam and that is the major reasons why I don't really like to talk about them. When you are about reaching the withdrawal threshold, the game will stop and you will unable to play it anymore. You could imagine playing a game for more then 3 months and unable to make withdrawal . It was a pathetic situation for me. For this obvious reason,.I don't think that the play to earn games has future on the Internet.

Although, I have heard of blockchain based play to earn games, but I have not try it out. This type of gaming platform looks very legitimate and I have seen people talk about the money that they have made on the blockchain-based games. So, one cloud still try it out. The decentralized nature of this type of games makes it real because you will earn tokens or NFTs for playing it. The tokens or NFT earned could be exchange for money. I also know that there are couple of games in the metaverse world, where you could play games to earn some NFTs.