Why You Should Start A Small Business

moonchild

VIP Contributor
Starting a small business can be hectic and comes with different challenges especially if you're juggling it with another Job, but it's very rewarding if done well, a lot of developed countries today depends solely on the small business industry, this to an extent shows how indispensable they are, a small business shouldn't be something hard, it can be a hobby you have, small business can be done either online or offline it depends on an individual orientation.

The number one rule of a small business is to start small and grow in the process, you don't have to take a loan, you can start it with what you have, this will give you the ability to cushion loses in your business if or when they occur.

There are a lot of small business idea out there, I've written and came across of many, most of these type of business can be kick-start with as little as $100.

With perseverance and grit a small business can grow and become an employer of labor, make sure there is a constants cash flow in the business and you don't give out your services or products in loan, that's the quickest way to failure for a small business.

Jamoflondon

Verified member
Normally, I think it is always a good idea to start small, even if you have the capital required to start big, the reason is because you will be opened to experiences, I mean by so doing, you be able to know more about the business you are into, without having to lose so much money before you can be experienced in that area. This is quite certain to happen because when you decide to do it in a big way as a beginner, you might vulnerable to make some mistakes which will make you learn in the hard way and when such happens, you would have lost a lot of money by then, which is why it always advisable to do it in a small way as a starter.

Chibson

VIP Contributor
Starting a small business is one great way to become an experienced and a successful businessman. The truth is that every great business you see today was once a little business but with a very passionate and dedicated individual as the owner.
Many people want to go into different businesses but they are afraid to start small because they think that small businesses will be killed by competition. it is quite true that competition can kill a small business but with the right business knowledge and idea you will definitely succeed. One beautiful thing about starting a small business is that it will give you the knowledge and understanding of how to run a successful business. And another good thing is that you are not taking a loan to start such a business and in that case there is zero chance of you going into back debt and even if you didn't succeed in the business it will serve as a lesson and an eye-opener to you. There are a lot of great small business ideas in which anyone can venture into and become successful on it such as e-commerce. Starting a small e-commerce store time can give you a whole lot of money on the long run provided you have proper knowledge of how it works.

Kingsley

Valued Contributor
I strongly believe in starting small as long as loans are not involved. Many people make a very serious error of Malkin very big projections of profits without looking intricately at the cost implementation of having a big profit. Infact some even designed a very big business plan and they know they have a very little start up capital, or little sources of rising funds that start a small version of what they have in the very big picture. For this reason they will have to wait for so long to gather the required financial resources needed to establish the business.

It is always best to start small and grow thr business with the passage of time. Thisn is the best direction to follow as this will restrict us from accessing loans unnecessarily. And when a business has not really mustered enough stamina to withstand challenges it will be very dangerous to allow such a business to start operating in a very big way, because at the slightest of challenges that it will face it might be going down so easily. This is as a result of the fact thay it management team may lack the necessary requisite to handle it that big, since they have not handle it in a smaller way initially.

funmi

Verified member
First of all it is always easier to start a small business and manage it efficiently without much hassle, then I agree to the facts that when one starts small the are better chances of the owner of such business's to easily gather a lot of experience during the course of running the business . it has been proven that all the big businesses owners we see in my country today and even other parts of the world started out small. There is a saying that goes thus a little drop of water makes a might ocean. That has always proven to be true, no wonder they say we should not despise the days of our humble beginning. This has made it essential for us to always look out for ways of starting small rather than wait until we are able to start very big and I have noticed that businesses that started big most times end up falling down so rapidly. And I believe that is happening because they have little or no experience on what it really takes to start at the level they began operating from. And I have seen so many small businesses later becoming big because they learnt everything when they were small.

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
I think that there are various advantages and disadvantages of starting a small business. But I think that we must focus on advantages. One of the biggest advantage of starting a small business is obviously the amount of capital required to start a small business. Small business might not require a huge sum of money to start. This is one big advantage. One other big advantage of a small business is that it does not require you to hire a huge number of employees to manage the business. In fact, in certain cases, a single person handles the entire small business. Smaller business also involves fewer problems such as legal issues and paying taxes.

The bigger your business is the more taxes you will need to pay. This is why it is wise to start a small business. You may start even start experimenting with the small business and later grow it into a huge business when you gain success. So small business is great from this perspective as well. There are many other advantages of small businesses as well. Small business usually incur less expenses and you may even make big profits if you cut the cost in a great manner.

TOZZIBLINKZ

VIP Contributor
There are a lot of these advantages for starting your business initially on a small scale . a lot of people in the world today have the potential to come up with good implementable business ideas , this business ideas sometimes could not be sure if it will bring great output that is why it is advisable to initially start or implement your business ideas initially on a small scale so that if this business ideas doesn't go well , you would be happy that you haven't spent a lot of money as initial capital but just a few . On the other hand if this business ideas yields greater output of course you will want to establish that small-scale business into a larger one .

But in other to successfully run a permanently small-scale business . The individual must understand that the small-scale business facilities must be based on the seriousness of the business owner . After establishing a small scale business it potential to yield higher income and profit depends on how serious and committed the owner of the business is on to his the business wellbeing . It is also important to note that a small scale business must be located in an area where it will meet various consumers and customers of the goods and services it provides .

Sikapa

Verified member
There are a lot of reasons why a person should start small and most of it all is to get financial freedom so you won't depend on you parents. Starting small business help students to get at least some money to buy some necessary books and other things like practical.

Mika

VIP Contributor
You might be able to make money by working on a job or working as a freelancer. However, you cannot build a fortune by working on a job or working as a freelancer. You can build your wealth only when you invest or build your own business. Investing can be better than starting your own business because when you invest. you do not need business skills, all you need is money and identify the lucrative market for investment. For example, if you want to invest, you can buy stocks, or invest in mutual funds. However, in order to invest, you need a lot of money. You also need money to build a business but you can start a business even with small funds. For example, you can start a dropship business for free if you use platforms like facebook marketplace on ebay. You can also start a print-on-demand business for free if you use a platform like redbubble. You might have to spend some money on running ads in order to generate sales, but you can still make money with a small investment. Even when you start your own store, you don't need a lot of money to start a business.

Riodata

Nice post. Starting a new small business is a nice decision making; it gives the new business a room to grow very well, not alike some people criticised it as a non growth business and instead go for a purchasing of already grown business for a super growth.

Jasz

VIP Contributor
Small scale businesses are becoming more common today. As the economy is fluctuating and unemployment levels are rising, more and more people have decided to take matters into their own hands and start their own small businesses. However, although many people are aware of the benefits of owning a small business, not as many realize the importance of small-scale businesses in society.

Small businesses are vital to our community because they employ many people, help to improve the economy, and provide unique services that large companies often do not.
First, small businesses employ many people. Because they do not have as many financial resources as large corporations, they cannot afford to hire machines or robots to work for them. Instead, they must rely on human labor to complete tasks and get things done.
If you look around your neighborhood or town, you will see how many small businesses there are and how much employment these companies provide.

Second, small-scale companies help improve our economy. Although large corporations may be responsible for a significant amount of money circulating through our economy, it is not enough to keep everything going on its own. A healthy economy requires a balance between both big and small organizations; if we were to lose all of our neighborhood stores and businesses, we would have nothing left but large organizations. Small scale business makes you employed.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
I don't really have the interest to start up a small business now especially offline business because I have so many responsibilities and so many things to take care of now and even if I have to do it should only be when I have someone that will be willing to help me manage the business. For now I will rather concentrate online until I am capable of starting up a business and managing it alone or with people I am very sure .

Having a business is one of the most important thing in the life of people that are interested to have more than one source of income because this will really help you to generate extra profit depending on your business and also depending on where your business is located because in most cases business will likely be profitable in a suitable location.

I will be very much interested to start up a business in the future but for now I can't just rush into something that will likely hooked me along the way. I just have to make sure every arrangement is being made perfectly and I allowed it to take its natural shspe before I can be able to start up a business.

Holicent

VIP Contributor
The biggest reason to start a small business is that you can. It's the path of least resistance, and the first step in creating your own destiny. You don't need to be an expert at everything, or have all the answers. You just need to be willing to learn and adapt along the way. The other great thing about starting a small business is that it's easy to get started with minimal investment capital and time — especially if you're already employed by someone else.

And once you've proven yourself by building something successful, there's no limit on what you can do with money beyond your means. You have the ability to run your own business, set your own hours and work when you want to. Plus, it allows you to choose what you do, so there’s no pressure on you to conform to someone else’s idea of how things should be done.

King bell

VIP Contributor
There are many reasons why you might want to start a small business. Maybe you're tired of working for someone else and want to be your own boss. Or maybe you have a great business idea that you think could be successful. Whatever your reasons, starting a small business can be a great way to achieve your goals.

There are lots of benefits to starting a small business. For one, you'll have more control over your work life and your ability to make decisions. You'll also have the opportunity to build something from the ground up and see it grow over time. Additionally, research has shown that small businesses are often more innovative than larger businesses. So if you're looking to make a difference with your business, starting small could be the way to go.

Of course, starting a small business is not without its challenges. You'll need to be prepared to work hard and put in long hours. You'll also need to have a solid business plan in place and be able to market your business effectively. But if you're willing to put in the effort, starting a small business can be a great way to achieve your goals.

CALVINDOL

VIP Contributor
Well first of all there are a whole lot of reasons why an individual should start a small business and there is also a benefit why an individual should start a business in small scale before thinking of establishing it in big scale . To some extent it could be because of the fact that everyone chooses to be the boss and the master of your own and so because of this everyone will love to own a business that I could use to fend for their material needs and for that of their family members and also on the other hand it is properly why is that an individual establishes his or her business in small scale in form of test-running the business so as to see whether the business absolutely impact members of the public as expected or planned so as not to waste capital and initial business investment on a particular business that definitely have no impact on members of the public .

Capital is one of the most important factor of establishing a business and without capital the establishment of a business may certainly not come into existence so that is why it is absolutely mandatory that we established our business in small-scale before establishing it into large-scale .

Carpon

Valued Contributor
I made a quite that a small start is what makes a big ending. Also there is a well known quote that the journey of a thousand and even million miles begin with a single step. Now if you take the ratio of a single step and that of the steps taken for a million miles walk you will discover that it is a very large gap but surely without taking the first step you won't end up in the million miles distance you want to reach. Therefore starting a small business is a very nice initiative and if I was a business counselor and a potential business person meets me for advise about starting a small scale business I will say a yes to it though with some few advises and a step to take.
I won't tell you to just start and it will surely boost into a mega business because a lot of small businesses have crumbled but not because small businesses always do crumbs but negligence on the owners side. You must put in much effort and work tirelessly as an entrepreneur in order to be able to make it and without much effort the future if a small business remains small.