Why You Need A Personal Website

moonchild

VIP Contributor
Personal website is very important whether you're a freelancer or a job seeker or just getting into the online world, having a website is a great asset to you, it helps in distinguishing you with others, this article will look at how personal website can help you to stand out and why you need one ASAP

A personal website can be a way others connect with you at an individual level, you know most of our profiles online are geared towards making us look professional and all geeky, but a personal website shows a different part of you, which is very important in securing a job, most employers wants to know you beyond your primary job responsibilities.

A personal can increase your visibility online, especially if the domain is in your name, a simple Google search will reveal your name and what you do, which is very professional if you ask me.

A personal website can be a place where you pursue a side hustle, maybe writing or marketing, your own personal website is a space where you can do pretty much anything you like.

I've come across a lot of personal websites and the give me an insight on the type of personality that the owner has.

Do you have a personal website? Or you're planning on launching one?

Setho

VIP Contributor
As you have rightly said if you are somebody that has a private and independent business it is very important that you should work towards having your own personal website. There are a lot of information about you and your service that might be contained in your website that might not ordinarily be allowed for you to post on freelance websites . Website building Innovations like WordPress and weeks have made it much more easier for people to be able to create their own website and not have to pay exorbitant amount of money to developers to do it for them.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
I know that is true but at the same time if you are a freelancer and you have a website for the main purpose of attracting clients based on the type of skill you have to offer I believe that it might really be very difficult for you to concentrate in both of them at the same time, concentrating in freelancing platform like fiverr and having a website really means that you have to focus on how you can advertise your skill on Both platform which may not even be an easy task.. if I am a freelancer I'll focus on freelancing platform first just to gain the necessary rating and trust in the platform to be able to make money , from there I am considered to start up my website conveniently, For business purposes it is absolutely necessary because just like the ops has said it can increase your visibility and can also put you at a higher chance of making money most especially if you are dealing with digital products and services, I understand website design is lucrative and that is what I am interested to do so anyone that is interested to have a website for their business can contact me.

General01

I would love to have one when time permits in nearest possible time, Godswilling.
It would definitely serve alot of benefits to me and what I represent.
That's are wonderful post. Concise and compacted well

Caramelle

A personal website can be a useful tool to build a brand for yourself. If you are a freelance writer, a blog can be a showcase of what you can do for your clients. If you are a professional, it can help boost your credibility. While you can use social media pages to advertise yourself and your services, there are limits to the design and content on those pages. A personal website gives you more space and freedom to arrange your content in the most useful way. It helps set you apart from other freelancers or professionals. It doesn't even cost much because there are low-cost domain and hosting plan bundles that you can choose for this purpose.

Mika

VIP Contributor
I do not have a personal website. I have a blog, where I have published one-page article about myself. On that personal page, I have shared my resume, my work experience, and reviews from my satisfied customers. If you are an online worker, you need a personal website, if you cannot have a personal website, you can try creating a blog and share your portfolio. THis will help you attract customers. It cost money to set up a blog or website, but if you do not want to spend money, you can try using about.me, a free one page website for professionals.