Why Security & Transparency could be a game changer

Maxicreed

In the wake of the recent FTX incident, the cryptocurrency community has witnessed a surge in efforts by top exchanges to fortify security measures and enhance accountability. Two prominent strategies that have gained traction are Proof of Reserve (PoR) and SaFu Funds, collectively forming a dual layer of protection for users.
Proof of Reserve, now hailed as the Pillar of Transparency, employs cryptographic techniques to showcase an exchange's ability to cover customer liabilities. By leveraging Merkle trees, these platforms can demonstrate the integrity of their sizable datasets, assuring users that they possess ample reserves to safeguard their funds.

Complementing this, SaFu Funds, also known as customer protection funds, act as a safety net for users. These funds mandate the allocation of assets in a separate wallet, specifically designated to shield users' funds in the event of a security breach or insolvency. Unlike PoR, SaFu Funds offer a more comprehensive safety net, extending protection across a broader spectrum of scenarios.

Exchanges such as Binance, OKX, and notably Bitget have adopted a hybrid approach, implementing both Proof of Reserve and a Users Protection Fund. According to quarterly and annual reports from token Insight and Coingecko, these exchanges have experienced substantial trading volumes, indicating a positive response from users. This dual protection strategy not only mitigates the risk of incidents similar to FTX but also provides users with confidence, knowing that their assets are backed by both cryptographic verification and a dedicated pool of funds.

As the crypto landscape continually evolves and learns from past setbacks, the adoption of these two security concepts suggests a promising avenue for traders seeking a safer environment. Relying on exchanges committed to the dual protection strategy offers users a level of assurance, acknowledging the imperative role of transparency and safeguarding in the ever-changing world of cryptocurrencies.

Isi24

Everything put into place , FTX has indeed left a scar in many and sadly I’m a victim.. building my portfolio from the scratch was very overwhelming , saved most of my assets on hardwallet. A little over time on bitget with no complaints