Why kindergarten and pre school is a waste of money.

Etini

Valued Contributor
I have nephews and nieces who are being enrolled in kindergarten schools and pre-schools because I am being forced to question the rationale behind such expenditures. Given the fact that the parents pay humongous amounts every three or four months as fees for these kids adds up to my bewilderment. I have to conclude that the expenses on kindergarten schools ans pre-schools is nothing but just a sheer waste of money. Why do I think so?

I have been to a typical kindergarten school and all those kids do is to eat, sleep and watch TV. That is too routine that most parents can afford to provide to their children. Why then does it deserve such amounts of money being paid.

It has also been proven that the cognitive ability for a child to really start learning reasonably fully develops at age 4. That means taking a child to preschool and paying large amounts of money with hope of them child learning something substantial is a complete waste.

Exception is given though to working class parents who lack time and whose endeavours can generate double of the fees of the pre-schools. Anything other than that, parents should save themselves unnecessary financial pressure by taking care of their kids at home and avoid pre-schools/ kindergarten schools.

Mika

VIP Contributor
First of all you need to understand what are pre schools and kindergarten schools. You need to understand the purpose of these schools. I do not know what pre schools and kindergartens are like in your place but in my place, they teach social schools. In preschool they will teach kids to use their hands to build their motor skills. They teach how to hold spoon or pencil. They teach toddlers basic communication skills they teach kids simple things like tieing shoe laces, zipping up etc.

JulietaRizas

I understand where you're coming from with questioning the expenses of kindergarten and preschool. It can seem like a lot, especially when you see kids just playing and napping. But here's a thought from my experience.
When my niece started preschool, I had similar doubts about its value. However, seeing her blossom in that environment changed my perspective. Sure, she played, but she also learned social skills, independence, and basic concepts that laid the foundation for future learning.
Plus, some preschools offer specialized programs that cater to individual needs and interests. I remember finding alphabet & letters worksheets online here firstworksheets.com, which my niece loved doing. It sparked her curiosity and helped her grasp fundamental concepts in a fun way.

Suba

Staff member
If you as a mom want to send your child to kindergarten or pre school, there are many choices available from affordable to expensive, expensive kindergarten and pre school are usually targeted at the middle and upper economic groups, their teachers are also qualified, have international quality standards, good school and building facilities. Even though it might be a waste, parents will do the best according to their financial capabilities.