Why Do You Want To Save Money? What Are The Main Reasons?

Imran Noori

Verified member
Most people save money for their retirement while others are saving money to start a business.

For short term I save money to invest it in something profitable like crypto market and stock market or sometimes I save money to invest it on myself like for buying books, joining seminars and joining courses.

But for the long term I save some money to start my own business whether it is online or offline but this is my biggest goal in life to have my own business and become financially independent.

Etini

Valued Contributor
For me, the very and only reason I would want to save money is for emergency purposes. I can't be found to be running from pillar to post at the point where emergencies arise. That desperation alone can worsen the situation because you are not around to be in control of things. That's why I try to save. Beyond that, I prefer investment to savings.

I remember one time in school we were to embark on an emergency trip outside the coubtry. We had just there days to raise the money and make the trip or risk falling the course. I tried everything possible to raise the money. I couldn't all because I had no savings as emergency funds. It was at that point that I decided to be keeping an emergency fund. It gives you some kind kf confidence that you can't be stranded no matter what happens. You can start from somewhere.

anil02

Verified member
As a healthcare worker in a country where health insurance is very limited, I save money so I won't be stranded when I or anyone close to me has a health emergency. This is one of the most trying moments for many people, and you have to borrow money just to ensure that the person survives.

I also save money to invest, in cryptocurrency and real estate. Most businesses require that you have a significant sum of money to start, and savings is one of the easiest ways to get it without taking loans. You can save and start small, while you use the opportunity to scale the business and accumulate more money for the business of your choice.

Some people save for leisure, bit I've never been one to do this. As an introvert, my best idea of relaxation is a good book, lots of uninterrupted free time and a hot cup of coffee. My leisure savings are to buy books.
Life is full of uncertainty. Our purpose of saving is to hands these uncertainty these may me health problem or any other problem of life. Here we can buy health insurance but it have limit. Only indoor can claim expenses for health from insurance companies Here we have some plan to meet medical expense and it is from our government but all are have limitations.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
Yes, one need to safe money for financing big personal and small projects in the future. having savings can help you cover the financial needs of the family. You can easily pick up bills and other household expenses

When you saved money you would have financial stability: We all want to be financially free and independent Having savings can help us achieve that. Saving can also help us quickly pickup Unexpected expenses and financial challenges

Truth be told it is always good to save money.