Why do people say "save for rainy days"?

King bell

VIP Contributor
I think save for the rainy days is a phrase that means you can only never know what will happen today let alone tomorrow, so you need to make sure that you have savings for if things go wrong again in the future. I think it's important to save for rainy days because there could be something like a natural disaster and it would put lots of people in a bad situation financially if they didn't have money saved up to cover the essential expenses. And then they would probably need help paying their bills so they could afford food and rent, but not just help from friends or family but also charities who might not have the resources available to give each person enough money to get back on their feet again.

So just in case that happens again they have something saved back in case they need it. I think it's something lots of people here and around the world could do to make sure they don't get into the same situation that some people will be in a few years from now. It is because as we all know life can change very quickly and one day you're fine then you could wake up the next day with big problems.