Why do exchange rate differs on crypto exchange platforms?

Kingsley

Valued Contributor
Have you noticed that the exchange rate of each coin are not always exactly the same on each exchange platform. And this things has actually lead to alot of misunderstanding amongst traders and investors because when coin are been set from one exchange platform to another platform the value you will send might be different from what is been received at the other end.

This has lead to somany to wide range of between me and some of my business associates as they sometimes think they are been cheated whilst I paid them the the exact quantity of the unit of coin I got from them. This can be very misleading and might make other potential investors to think one is deceptive not knowing that the problem is coming from the exchange platform.

Why are these exchanges platforms having different exchange rates?
What's your view?

Chibson

VIP Contributor
I remember when the Nigerian government banned the use of cryptocurrency. There was a popular exchange platform being used by Nigerians called Luno. They made the price of cryptocurrencies in their platform very high, than any other cryptocurrency exchange platform. This is a pure move to lure people to use their platform. I think the main cause is that some platforms are not fast enough to update their prices.

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
Exchange rate differs because each and every exchanger has its own policy. You can compare the best exchange rate and exchanger service at websites like Best Change and use the exchanger you feel is the best for you. I have benefited a lot by an exchanger I found on Best Change and I still use it till now.