Why Business Management Hide Many Things From Their Customers?

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
Managing and running any sort of business is simply not an easy job. This is because many times, you need to face many different kinds of customers and it is not always easy to deal with all the customers because customers could be rude many times. However, I have always noticed that many big businesses always gets involved into some sort of controversy all the time. It always seems like they are hiding something from the public and their customers are also not aware of many things.

I can understand that businesses have many secrets that they hide and they do not want many things to unveil to their customers, but it seems that they are hiding a lots of things that the customer deserves to know. For example, many food chains and soft drink manufacturers always claim that they have added certain vitamins and nutrients to their drinks. However, I am not sure if this claim is actually correct. Why would any soft drink manufacturing company add such nutrients into drinks? I think many food businesses also hide many things and in worst cases they even lie about many things. Why do they do this? I think the only way to deal with this issue is to stop consuming their products.

Jasz

VIP Contributor
In today's business world, there is a lot of information that companies keep hidden from their clients and customers, ranging from their organization management, workers detailed info, products top content and more. Some of this information is simply to protect the company from competitors' eyes, but much of it is kept secret to protect the customer from being overwhelmed by all the choices that are out there.

If you have ever bought a product or service online, you may have noticed that you can't seem to find any price comparison sites for that product. This is because many companies offer rebates or coupons for their products, and they will not allow third-party websites to sell those coupons. This means that when you go online to buy something, you don't know whether or not it's a good deal. What if you found out two weeks after your purchase that the exact same product was being offered at nearly half the price? It might be too late by then.

Why do businesses hide so much information from their clients? Because they want to make sure that their clients are getting the best possible experience. They want their customers to focus on other things while they're shopping and leave them with only one thing to think about: how great it feels to buy something and know that it's the right choice!

Some organizations hide or lie about contents that make up their products, would I still help them hide under the umbrella of "competitors". I feel some give wrongly or don't even give real info, and the national agency responsible for checkmating such acts end up doing nothing, probably they know about it or they are given tips to let go.

E

eldavis

There are various reasons for this, in some cases it could be as a result of the same company trying to protect their products form competition. They they simply expose all the ingredients used for their products, it could give their competition an edge over them. Another reason could simply be to attract customers. They simply say things the people want to hear just to attract more sales, in other words it's just a market strategy.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
I am a Coke drinker for a very long time now and we know that Coke has a secret in its formula. In fact, the formula of Coke is one of the best kept secrets in the industry of business. It is crazy to say that I would stop drinking Coke because it has a secret. If you have not heard yet there is the thing called trade secret and it is not just about the product. There are some hardware stores here that share in the delivery trucks. That is their trade secret to save on the delivery expense. They have 1 driver only for each truck that serve 3 or 4 hardware stores. Maybe you are just reacting too much to stop buying those products that have a secret. If you do that strictly then I'm sure what will be available to you is just a mere fraction of the products in the market because 90% or more of the manufacturers have their own trade secret.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
I don't really know the actual reason why they are doing this but I believe the main purpose why they might choose to deal this way is because they are trying to attract a large number of customers , this is only when they are lying about making their products being more appealing and also they might be hiding about how dangerous their products may be and this is only applicable when they are hiding dangerous fact about their products .

But whatever the case maybe you do not really have to consume products just like that without doing your own proper research about the products before using , in general I always try to avoid certain product because of the chemical contents in it which may be very high and as a result of the Highness it might really be very dangerous to the human cells which could possibly lead to disease and infection .

It is the government that should make sure all these products are being checked effectively so that the best product are being delivered to the masses, most cases the government organisation responsible for all these things may not really work as they are expected to do.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
That's just one of the shortcomings of advertisment. Most time, there is need to lie or give false information to customers just to lure them into buying your products. While this act should be frown at, it is welcomed globally.

I think the first thing a consumer needs is to seek more information about any product he wishes to consume. This will give him more assurance about the product. You need to know more about the review from the people that have used the product before.

Another thing is never to be tricked with some sweet words by listening or be decieved by some advertisments that are too lame to be truth. For instance, it may sound somehow for people to believe that a soft drink will contain ingredients that can make people slim down.