Which is the Best Platform to Sell Online

Mika

VIP Contributor
One of the easiest ways to start an online business is by selling through online marketplaces like Amazon, eBay, Etsy, etc. That’s because these platforms have huge traffic and they have registered buyers. However, the question is which one is the best. When I say best, I am trying to refer to the platform where selling and generating revenue is easy.

The kind of platform you choose should depend on what kind of items you are trying to sell and the market you are trying to sell. If you are selling personalized items that specifically cater to the audience looking for gift products and handmade items, Etsy is the best platform. However, if you want to sell low-priced products, or used products, eBay can be the best platform.

Selling also depends on SEO and digital marketing. Your product listing must be optimized for internal and external ranking. You should also market your products to your social media audience and subscribers.

There are many platform to sell products and I will not say that one is the best because there all have different functions. There are some platform that whatever we sell there will be packaged ourselves and sent to the client that order for the product. While there are some that the e-commerce company will package the product for the seller and this makes transactions to be easy for both sellers and buyers. Platform like jumia in Africa offers this kind of service.

And also there are some marketplace that we don't pay through them but will connect buyers and sellers together and some are base on a particular country like 1688 and taobao. This store is owned by same person but I don't know the difference. Why I like these two is because the products are ship from China and there price are very cheap. But the problem is that we must be able to communicate in Chinese. Good news is that there are some agents that will do the work for us by paying them small fees.

If you're looking for an easy way to sell online, Shopify is probably the best option. It's a great platform for beginners because it has lots of features that can help you build your business and make it grow. However, it also has some drawbacks that may make it less appealing if you're more experienced with e-commerce.

Shopify offers a wide range of products and services which means you can sell almost anything you want from clothes to food to electronics and beyond (depending on what kind of store you want). You can also create stores that are unique and fun (like Etsy shops) or ones that are more professional (like Amazon). You'll be able to set pricing for each product and set up different payment options such as credit cards, PayPal, or Google Pay.

One drawback of Shopify is that it doesn't have as many payment options as some other platforms like Amazon or Etsy do. If you want to sell products on your website but don't want them sold through third party sites like eBay then Shopify might not be ideal for you.

Shopify I have never liked it costs way to much compared to other places but I will say it is one of the easiest to set up. eBay and Amazom are very well known but there is a lot of other people doing the same thing. I would pick eBay over Amazon myself. I would say also look into Wal-Mart marketplace. And there is a marketplace for almost ever retail company you can think of lie Target and Sears