Which is better? A 200,000NGN ($500) or uber driving.

Etini

Valued Contributor
One of the difficult decisions to make in life is the decision of a job to do to earn a living. Some people would advocate that you work for yourself. Others would advocate that you take up a job for an organization. All of these have their advantages and disadvantages. A friend of mine is in a dillema over what to do. He is a fresh graduate. He lives in Lagos city, the city with the largest economy in Africa. His sister gave him a vehicle to start an Uber Hustle while an organization he applied to work for just offered him a job. The pay is just over $500.

If you were in his shoes, which one would you choose. Given that he lives in a major city, the chances of making good money with uber is high. With Uber he is self employed too. The job on the other hand guarantees a fixed income no matter what. What would be your choice in this circumstance?

E

eldavis

Truth be told i think it would be best for him to do both, cause you cant really reply on a job these days, anything could happen at anytime. I have heard about people who lost their jobs unexpectedly. Lets take the recent flood for example, most persons lost their job due to the fact that they have no place to make use of, the last pandemic, many lost their jobs cause the company could no longer pay them. I don't know the nature of the job offer, but if the job is something that gives him some free time, he can make use of it. Maybe if he is free on weekends, he can use the car for that. He should take the job then save up enough from it before starting a business of his own.