Which Business Can Boom Near University Campus?

Sikapa

Verified member
My friend stays near one of the universities in my country where her husband teach. Her husband is a lecturer in this university and the live in the university bungalow just near the university. She told me she want to start small business near this university campus but which business do I think can run fast?

This seems to be a tough question because I personally don't know the right answer to give. Although there are a lot of business that on can choose and make good money but not all business can boom at a certain place at a certain point of time. One has to choose wisely in term of a business at a specific place because some business seems to boom when looking at it from a distance but getting closer to it is something different. Think of it, I couldn't give her straight answer because two heard are better than one and therefore I just have to let us discuss it here before I can conclude to her. I also need your suggestions and let all take it as I'm about to start this business but I'm confused of what to do and therefore need your help. Which business will you suggest for to start? Which business will run fast at this university campus?

Jasz

VIP Contributor
The first business that will be a good choice to open near the university campus is restaurant. It is very easy to run a small restaurant, because it has a very low start-up cost, and the sales are usually stable and there is always a steady stream of customers.

Secondly, I think convenience store or supermarket would be another good choice for businesses because students need food to cook every day. Due to the large number of students, the turnover rate of convenience stores or supermarkets is also very high, so the profit can still be guaranteed.
You can also check out the following, anyone she can invest her money is a goal.

1. Cooked Noodles shop (ask any college student and they'll tell you)

2. Laundromat (same, but with laundry)

3. Co-working space (collaboration is key for students)

4. Tutoring center (students are always looking for someone to help them study)

5. Gyms (need we say more?)

6. Local library/bookstore (just because the campus has a library doesn't mean it's enough)

7. Movie theaters (students need a break from all that studying!)

8. Dog-walking service (a lot of students have dogs but can't walk them themselves because of class schedules or internships)

9. A doctor's office or clinic

10. Cosmetics store/pedicure...