When you need to change your job.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
The fear of unknown has made some people to be working under a circumstance that's not meant to be. A worker should know when to leave before being left. It is better to leave honorably than being used and dumped.

When there is so much red light and it seems there is no light at the end of the tunnel, then it may be the right time to leave. The following are signs that your absence won't make any impact.

When you are not value anymore. We all know how new workers with great skill and contributions are are treated newly. When you are no longer enjoying the accolade you always receive whenever you make a contribution. It is high time you started thinking of leaving.

When you are not getting promotion or increment in salary. The more we work for an organization, the more the salary structure needs to be reviewed. But when the reverse is the case, you need to go before you are shown the exit. Because that may be a subtle way of telling you that you are no longer needed.

Challenges make us tougher. New things make us smarter. If you are not challenged in your field. Your job is not adding new things to you. You are not developing mentally and psychologically. You need to take your bag and go. Your job has become obsolete and needs to be changed.

In conclusion, these are just my personal opinion and they may not be right in all situations. I wish we use our senses when fed with some advice.

Mellorando

Banned
As a result of bad influence, harsh treatment and late payment of salary many decides to change jobs possibly to another one more bearable this is understandable because no one is love to be treated harshly and in such situation one is advised to change his or her job remember safety first

Doradorwa

Opportunity seeker
Reasons are best known to the mind that owns it. Changing your job must not be because of unfair treatment but because of a positive reason. You must change your job because you have seen a better job and because that better job will suit the excesses of your former job. All in all work for passion and not for the money that will earn you. So that you can have happiness.

Briangsam

You are very right. You will also know it is time to change job if you realize you're being undervalued. You can also decide it is time to move on when you realize your workplace values burnout culture. You should know it is time when you need to numb yourself after work to do your work. It is time to move on when the job is causing you physical stress. It is also time when you cry over going to work, can't be yourself at work or always bored at work.

Kingsley

Valued Contributor
I will say one should begin to think of changing his or her job when the job is not adding any value to ones live or when the job is not keeping your bills in check but rather it is keeping one indebted. Because if one should continue in such kind of job one will only waste his or her time.

Chibson

VIP Contributor
There are some jobs that is not worth getting. Any job that does not guarantee job security, prompt payment of salary, and the treatment of workers then count me out of it. Unemployment especially in developing countries has made a lot of people to the working in companies that treats them badly. This is one of the reasons I am venturing into online business.

Mataracy

VIP Contributor
The fear of unknown has made some people to be working under a circumstance that's not meant to be. A worker should know when to leave before being left. It is better to leave honorably than being used and dumped.

When there is so much red light and it seems there is no light at the end of the tunnel, then it may be the right time to leave. The following are signs that your absence won't make any impact.

When you are not value anymore. We all know how new workers with great skill and contributions are are treated newly. When you are no longer enjoying the accolade you always receive whenever you make a contribution. It is high time you started thinking of leaving.

When you are not getting promotion or increment in salary. The more we work for an organization, the more the salary structure needs to be reviewed. But when the reverse is the case, you need to go before you are shown the exit. Because that may be a subtle way of telling you that you are no longer needed.

Challenges make us tougher. New things make us smarter. If you are not challenged in your field. Your job is not adding new things to you. You are not developing mentally and psychologically. You need to take your bag and go. Your job has become obsolete and needs to be changed.

In conclusion, these are just my personal opinion and they may not be right in all situations. I wish we use our senses when fed with some advice.
Your analysis is very right ,some time when one is working in a place where by you work so hard and yet no body applaud or appreciate your contribution its a bad sign and one need to be very careful.
Secondly; when you are working in a place and you are many that are due for promotion in which your cliques were given promotion but they refused to give you and may this had becoming often then you need to leave the job.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
There are some jobs that is not worth getting. Any job that does not guarantee job security, prompt payment of salary, and the treatment of workers then count me out of it. Unemployment especially in developing countries has made a lot of people to the working in companies that treats them badly. This is one of the reasons I am venturing into online business.
You are very funny. No business owner or company will tell you from the onset that they won't pay your salary as and when due, not open up to you that the job ain't get security. You will get to knw this having worked for sometimes hereby making quiting more difficult because may be you haven't secured another job.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
Reasons are best known to the mind that owns it. Changing your job must not be because of unfair treatment but because of a positive reason. You must change your job because you have seen a better job and because that better job will suit the excesses of your former job. All in all work for passion and not for the money that will earn you. So that you can have happiness.
You entitled to your opinion and it it right. But I am sorry I will need to disagree with your point. You don't need to see a better one before you leave the bad one. In fact, one may not see the better one while holding to the bad one. Leave the bad one, improve on yourself, re strategize your steps and plans and then search for the better one. That's my own school of thought.

Samuel72

Verified member
Lack of unemployment in the country has made workers lost their right and also it has put the fear off unknown in the heart of many employee this is the reason why employee prefer getting another job before resigning in an organisation, presently many

Doradorwa

Opportunity seeker
You entitled to your opinion and it it right. But I am sorry I will need to disagree with your point. You don't need to see a better one before you leave the bad one. In fact, one may not see the better one while holding to the bad one. Leave the bad one, improve on yourself, re strategize your steps and plans and then search for the better one. That's my own school of thought.
Yeah but school of thought are different and diverse. I have a issue at my hostel right now so I decided to run and hide at my friend hostel for a month now. My mom called today and while talking she asked if I'm back at my hostel, I said no, she told me never to run from situation because they will always come back and hunt me down. If I'm to leave a job, I will never leave because of the oppression. They've won, I will leave only after conquering whatever they have against me.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
Working in an unconventional workplace isn't nice at all. When you're dissatisfied on complicated issues around the company or business enterprise your work for, that isn't making you settle you should quit before your time is up. I love to work where my services is valuable, and my pay rate is worthwhile. And not working like an elephant to feed like an ant.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
When I had worked for 10 years in a bank I decided to leave for greener pasture. I applied for a job in a British company and was accepted. I was sent to London for 4 months of work assignment. The salary was more than double of what I was earning from the bank. It was really fortunate that I was hired by the British software house.