Business Ideas When Starting a business you have to learn to niche down

D

Deleted member 13140

With all the competition going online this past years, i think your niche will become a huge part of your business...
Your niche will play a big role on your business

Your niche will either make you or break you, Here is why:

• Without a niche you're just like someone posting randomly on some social media platform
  • Niching down helps you identify your audience
  • it also helps your audience identify exactly what you do so as to either hire you or follow you.
someone that's talking about digital marketing isn't niched down, yes when you become some big marketer you can talk about anything
but right now that no one knows you, google doesn't know your name, your YouTube channel hardly has a custom name and stuff you need to niche down so as to rank up.

Wisdom01

Valued Contributor
Before even taking that move of starting a business you need to pick a better niche that would suit the business you are going for , actually going for a better niche would increase the interest you will have to your business ,and make sure you are more professional too in such business

btaliat

VIP Contributor
There is need to be specific in whatever we want to do. We should have objective of what we want to adress. That's what a niche does. It defines you.

Mandy96

Valued Contributor
From your explanation it sounds like this niche of a thing is very important when starting up a business, well reading makes me understand more about it, we are all here to learn, isn’t it?
I will use your analysis to judge your thread, you said in some place there that it either break you or make you. So then I kind of fully guess that it is more like a risk that should be taken, or one does not have a choice but to take it if an entrepreneur wants to be successful in his or her business in future, I think it is a preparation

Setho

VIP Contributor
It will become boring for your user base when you are trying to introduce too many types of businesses at the same time. You should try to start with a particular one that you think is the most dominant and then you can carefully diversify it after sometime.

Mika

VIP Contributor
There was a time when you could sell anything and still make money online, you could sell from a hairpin to cakes from the same store and make money by selling. These days people like to visit niche stores. They will rarely visit a site that sells clothes for a baby as well as 70 years old man or woman. They will visit the site that sells niche products, for example, if they want to buy clothes for kids, they will visit stores selling kids clothes, if they want to buy plus size they will visit a store selling plus size clothes.

Sherman198

VIP Contributor
Selecting a random niche to establish a business upon, either online or offline, is a very wrong thing to do. Cos selecting a niche has to be about your audience or your market. If you pick a wrong niche and you open a business on it will be hard for you to convince your audience to believe in your business. It's better you look for a better audience that shares your believe on your stuffs.

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
Niche business can be successful. If you are selling games, it will be easier to attract gamer because your promotion and advertising can be targeted to those who play games. But if you try to sell games and kitchenware from the same store, how will you target your customers. It is really difficult to invite gamer and women to come to the same store to buy products,