When Do I Leave Demo Trading For A Live account

Syngenesis

Many traders move to live trading because demo trading is tedious and discourages risk-taking and inability of inculcating right trading psychology. Demo accounts, on the other hand, are still quite useful for developing abilities. Why take the chance if you are not prepared? First and foremost, work on improving your abilities.

Impetrate

In my experience, a minimum 3 months of demo practice is sufficient. However, before trading a live account, you should make sure that your frequency of profitable trades in the demo is more than 80%. As you achieve this limit, you can join live trading.
But, you should not leave the demo completely, you should practise on demo, backtest your strategies whenever you have spare time.

Genesiology

Demo account is good for learning only and to try out trading strategies.But if you want to earn money and make a living out of it,you must start trading with a real account.

rextee

When you are confident in your abilities and knowledge, You are making a profit consistently on a demo account and have your strategy to apply to a live account. Then it is a good time to move onto a live account and do the real trading.

You will know the answer when you are ready to stop demo trading and take risks in the live market. It is not something that can be planned because you can never be sure about how much time you will take to learn your skills. So, better eliminate this constraint from your learning and do what is required.

Feeble

When demo trading starts seeming boring and you feel that you are not learning anything, you must shift to trading in the live market. But don’t use a big amount in the beginning as you are yet to get well-versed with the live market conditions.

Jentacular

In my opinion, you should always use a demo account for extra practice. As far as the time period is concerned, then that depends upon your learning skills, as how quickly you are able to grab the concepts of forex trading and devise new strategies. Until that happens, keep practicing in a demo account.

Theanthropic

There can be as many answers as there are people on this planet! If I were to give five people the recipe to make soup, everyone’s soup would be different, as there are different people and different styles involved. Similarly, there’s no right or wrong answer to this question. Advice would be great here, but understanding the importance of both is crucial. A demo account can equip a person with the required knowledge, but can’t make one earn money or learn in the real market scenario. For that purpose, a live account is there. Understand whether you want to trade on a live account or on a demo. Ask yourself whether you have gained the knowledge to trade on a live account after trading on a demo or not.
If you think you can move ahead, move ahead. If you think you need to learn some more, learn more.

Neuroid

You will know that yourself when you have learnt enough on your demo account and are ready to take risks on your live account. Try to practice on a demo account until your win rate improves and you can use all the functions of your trading platform. For trading experience, you will have to trade in the live market.

Caballine

When you learn all the trading skills and learn the market behaviour properly then you can move to a live account. Also, when you start making consistent profits in demo trading and have the confidence to do the same in a live account then you can go for it.

Fartsdump

No one here can tell you when to leave a demo account for a live account. A demo account has almost everything to help equip you with the real world of forex trading. But it has virtual money involved in it and no real money. And this has an impact on our emotions and our trading. Even if a loss occurs, there is nothing to lose really.
On a live account, one will feel totally different because real money is involved there. If you lose, you lose.
So, I’d say to understand the basics, practise them on a demo account, and practise until you feel that you are confident enough to trade on a live account.

Diapason

When you feel you’re ready to take some actual risk. Now, you will not get an epiphany to do that. You should enter into the market when you are seeing some consistent results in your practice account. Trade for at least 6 months on a demo account before moving to a live account.

Misology

If you felt the need to ask this from other traders, you probably need to spend more time on your demo account. You must feel confident about live trading and not afraid. When you get ready for it, your mind will itself give you the indication.

brindagladden

I can’t tell that until I see your performance on your demo account. I may not be able to see how you are doing on your demo account but you can judge your performance for sure. If you think that you have learnt enough on your demo account and are ready to take risks in the live market, you must not wait for signals from others.

Asahi

Verified member
You can able to increase your trading profit by adopting some techniques like using low leverage, narrow trading spread, flexible margin, avoiding trading in volatile market and other techniques. Your securing high amount of profit is possible only you trade with a reliable trading broker.

Henpeck

When you are feeling confident in your skills and abilities and are making consistent profit on a demo account. Then it is the perfect time to move on a live account and start real trading.

Turrical

Either you are yet to start with your demo trading or you are not ready to take risks in the live market! A trader who is done with demo trading will automatically know it and won’t require other trader’s approval to move to live trading.

saoussen5765

Valued Contributor
You could alternate between demo and real trading if you aren't sure for results then do in demo trading otherwise in real trading if pourcentage of win is for probable.

Vigorish

Keep demo trading because I can see that you are not ready for live risks as of yet. If you try to take risks with half trading knowledge, be ready to lose your money.

Numiinous

You are obviously not ready to leave demo trading as you are asking others to help you with this. You must know one thing that trading is a tough job and you better spend as much time as you need to develop trading skills. Just don’t rush live trading because it will be useless if you can’t handle your losses.