What's your retirement plan.

springtech

Either we like it or not, having worked for many yes, one day we shall go on retirement. Retirement age vary from country to country. For instance in Nigeria you are asked to retire when you clock the compulsory retirement age of 60 years old or when you celebrate 35 years in service, whichever one comes first.
At retirement, depending on where you work, how sound their HR policies are, a tetiree is entitled to a severance package also know as gratuity or retirement package.
Which is mostly a one off payment.
For those who are fortunate to have pension savings, they begin to earn a % of their last basic salary monthly.
For instance my father in law who is 75 years earns a pension of N25,000 having retired as an ASP in the police force.

Where i work there was no provision for pension, we only get our salary and that's all.
Not until last year that we joined a union which fought the management to a stand still, then we started receiving pension contributions to our chosen PFA.
Now imagine that the status remained as it was, no pension no nothing and i retire, what would have been my fate.

Anyways, i started planning for my retirement over 6 years ago by setting apart a % of my income in a mutual fund. Which i hope to be able to fall back on.
Ik addition to this i have offline business which is doing well, this will also be part of my retirement palliatives.

What about you, what are your plans for making money when you eventually retire.

marcusfe

There is nothing that I plan for after I'm retired than to sit back enjoy the work of my hands. My wish is tour around the world to see the beauty of nature. I know this can not be achieved by being an employee so I'm putting a plan together to start a business with my gratuity so that I can make enough to enjoy my life. At my retirement I want to a foundation that will be empowering people.

Samuel72

Verified member
According to my own point of view everyone has great plan after retirement as for me my retirement plan is retire and start investing I would like to invest on three different kind of business after my retirement which will help me after my retirement and also I would like to register a pension fund now then after retirement I will also use that to aid myself. After my retirement I will also like to build houses for rent that will help my financial status also

Shigobad2020

My retirement plan is to go to poultry farming business, after serving government for almost 25years , the normal thing is to sit down and enjoy the fruitsor your labour but if you don't earn more , you will finish what you have on ground, so using my retirement money to invest is the best thing.

Mika

VIP Contributor
In my home country, the recommended retirement age is 60 years. However, people consider working longer than 60 years of age due to the high cost of living and the pension not being able to feed the family and pay the medical bills. I do not have any plans for retirement, I will continue working as long as health permits. I work not just to make money, I work to keep my brain sane. When I don't work, I feel bored.

Victor001

We can't work all the days of our lives,they are levels and stages in life that should define you,at my retirement age I will definitely not seek for any job,my focus will be to earn the reward and dividends of investment. So channeling the energy and time to investing is even better than planning retirement age.

Godslamp

Retirement is an end to the daily struggle for the salaried persons. If you take a pension plan, you will be financially independent and free in this beautiful phase of life, even if there is no incoming salary. Thus, every individual who dreams of enjoying financial independence and a blissful retired life will agree why retirement planning is crucial.
If you are targeting 70% of your pre-retirement income for post-retirement usage, then you need to not only save, but also invest properly. This would mean investing in high-return assets so that your savings grow at a faster rate

Hena101

It's good to have retirement plan on ground and begin to work it out small small before you retired because after retirement to start a fresh will take time and also need much resources. For instead me i plan to start fish farming immediately after i retired and all the plans are already on ground and i even start to put a little fish there to farm and eat with my family and also sell so that i can get the experience required to excellent there.

Snazzy001

I have not started working let alone have a retirement plan .but well it is advisable and ideal that I should have been thinking about that at the moment .well if I eventually really start working and by the time I retire ,I must really have saved a lot .it is expected that from my monthly pay ,I should be saving 25% of it so that by the time I retire ,I will have a business of my own to be managed by a worker and not me anymore

Haypril

The truth is I don't even know what it means to be retired. Or let me say,
with the circumstances surrounding my state of mind, I don't think I have made any plans for retirement. However, retiring as one of the most significant business man will be great. I will love to learn from the contribution of intellectual users of this great platform.

Wisdom01

Valued Contributor
I think my retirement plans is to start online marketing and agriculture business i think x i might just have a huge farm land where i would cultivate differrent crops and sell them to make more money , although i could employee more people to work on those farm land because i know that it's actually not going to be very easy i think , to start the business like that

Adetayo100

Right now i don't have any retirement plan as I haven't made enough money to think of retirement, one of the plan actually is to just sit back when i retire and i enjoy all i have worked for in my youthful years, if i decides to get something doing i can go into little business like trading of stocks and shares, i can only start some offline business where i would employ the services of a young person.