What's your Plan after Retirement

Makah

This has been on top of my question tags What should be the next after Retirement. I have seen a lot of people retire from government jobs and different agency and end not been able to achieve any thing
I think they made a mistake of not investing anything while they are still in servuce. So this are what should be done when you're still in service, make sure you have lots of investment you can fall back on when you finally retire from government or Private jobs.
Invest on lots of things maybe land banking, Shares and bond or different economic things you know it's on high want in your community
Make sure you already have a house and then make good use of your pension that's my own point of view on this

Olajidey

It is very wise for a worker to also plan along on the kind of business he will like to invest in even before he retires from work either private work or government work. It saddens me when I see this retires they will say that they are waiting for their pension to arrive this month and they need to borrow money before it arrives.

olubenson

I personally wouldn't let my money work with the banks . I would rather invest in a physical business that gives me more than the mere share of 3.5 - 5 % given by some deposit banks.
Though i might need to save for sometime, but not for too long to be able to have a good and reliable business to fall back on when i retire. But if i find it a daunting task , then i'd rather invest in easy agricultural business. These i know i grew up doing with passion.

Makah

Well, to be frank, I do not know what I will be doing after retirement. Actually, I have not even thought about when I will retire. I am a guy who likes working. I work not just to earn a livelihood but also to keep my mind and body healthy. I will be working until my health permits. I have seen a lot of people diagnosed with diabetes and heart diseases after retirement. The only way I can avoid that situation is by working.
Just try and figure out what you really love doing and you will love yourself for it
Life after Retirement is always boring because you'll always be sitting down at home everytime which will make you get fatigued and bored so I will advise you to figure out what you really love doing and ponder on it

Makah

My plan is to have a business of mine and at least three investment that my children will enjoy for the rest of their life.
I didn't intend of working for any company or the government pass four years and retire. I wanted to spend my time on investing mostly on business and a better future plan than using it to serve one company or the government
You have a wild dream, working in a government office will take 35 years before you can retire but I will advise you from my own view
You can run two things together like use one stone to kill a bird you can work with the government and still have your own business
Just make sure you employ Trustworthy and honest persons to manage your business for you

Mika

VIP Contributor
Well, to be frank, I do not know what I will be doing after retirement. Actually, I have not even thought about when I will retire. I am a guy who likes working. I work not just to earn a livelihood but also to keep my mind and body healthy. I will be working until my health permits. I have seen a lot of people diagnosed with diabetes and heart diseases after retirement. The only way I can avoid that situation is by working.

Makah

My plans is Tour and travel around the world to see the beauty of the world, I wanted to spend my money on travelling for awhile and later come back to start a poultry farming , the business is cool and before 5month , you will be seeing the outcome of the business, and I can also deals with buying and selling of real estate.
Yeah my plan is also kind of similar to yours
One of my plans is to have a forest reserve and maybe a Private Zoo it have been my dream since I was a kid to have a zoo to my self
Having an Estate too is also very lucrative and so good to invest oo
Having a Estate an Estate to your name is so cool and I will be looking forward to having one in the nearest future

Shigobad2020

My plans is Tour and travel around the world to see the beauty of the world, I wanted to spend my money on travelling for awhile and later come back to start a poultry farming , the business is cool and before 5month , you will be seeing the outcome of the business, and I can also deals with buying and selling of real estate.

Samuel72

Verified member
According to my own point of view I believe people have many plans after retirement as for me my plans after retirement is to invest on different type of business first of all I will invest in a real estate business, this is because real estate business is a well profitable business and also the chance of losing is very low and second I will invest in cryptocurrency this is because cryptocurrency business is very easy and also more profitable than many other business

springtech

Ret
This has been on top of my question tags What should be the next after Retirement. I have seen a lot of people retire from government jobs and different agency and end not been able to achieve any thing
I think they made a mistake of not investing anything while they are still in servuce. So this are what should be done when you're still in service, make sure you have lots of investment you can fall back on when you finally retire from government or Private jobs.
Invest on lots of things maybe land banking, Shares and bond or different economic things you know it's on high want in your community
Make sure you already have a house and then make good use of your pension that's my own point of view on this
Retirement is a surety, i mean it is one very sure even at a certain time in our career, at least we all know we can't continue working for long.

It depends on which country, retirement age differ from country to country. In my country Nigeria, the age is either 35 years of active service or a compulsory retirement age of 60 years.
Whichever of this comes first becomes your retirement age.

Some companies have a very good Human Resource Policy for retirement. By law an employee is supposed to have a pension account with PFA to which he contributes about 7.5% of his monthly salary and the employee contributes same.

This they do while the staff is sitll ij service. An employee can transfer his pension account from one company to the other using his PEN number, i.e if i am working with NPA and i have about N2m in my pension account, if i get a better job with Say a bank today, i can still continue to contribute to my pension account which i had with my former employer NPA.

Apart from having a pension account, I personally started a plan for my retirement, where i devote a good percentage of my monthly salary to a fund account, which I wouldn't have access to until retirement age.
I also have good investment running. Plus offline businesses i manage. All to make sure my retirement doesn't end in premium tears.

Adetayo100

I don't have any plan after retirement right now because i don't currently work under any government institutions, my plan right now is to establish myself in a business dealings that fetch me enough money so i wont lack money when i am old and unable to work again, so i think business i the way forward now because with business you can become your own boss.

marcusfe

I actually don't plan on working for any company or even the government. my main plan is to establish my own brand especially online and employ a lot of people. But if there is anything that will make me work for anyone or any institution, I will definitely be saving 10% of my salary every month solely for retirement purposes.
I often hear it times without number that no one can ever become rich with salary. No matter how high you're getting paid, you're still going to be a subject to someone who can determine your fate at any time. The best way in life to financially free is through business and that's why I've devoted all my life to it so that when I'm retired I can enjoy my labor with peace.

Dorcey

having plans before retirement or after retirement iscool and a nice idea and a good step to take, so have been planing on opening a small bar and a restaurant IN Lagos so I can start maintaining and managing the family with it

Georgeadawara

You need make a plan of what to do before your retirement. As of me I have alot of plans that will hold me after my retirement even though now am not yet a worker in any organization or any government workers but the plan I have is to start a business even before the retirement so that I can continue with my business after retirement.and I have the plan of farming.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
Personally, I don't plan to work again after my retirement. I do see the periods as the period of resting and not stressing oneself again. I will only invest with a reputable company and be expecting my divided every end of the month. Or rather set up a business that will be monitored by my children.

marcusfe

Retirement plans differ for different type of people especially based on the kind of job they are doing. Someone like me, I plan to tour the whole continents of the world during my retirement, that's why I'm sticking business because I know that it is only through business that I can achieve this. I doubt it if a civil servant can have such a plan as mine because of their income.

Daykas

My plan is to have a business of mine and at least three investment that my children will enjoy for the rest of their life.
I didn't intend of working for any company or the government pass four years and retire. I wanted to spend my time on investing mostly on business and a better future plan than using it to serve one company or the government

Chibson

VIP Contributor
I actually don't plan on working for any company or even the government. my main plan is to establish my own brand especially online and employ a lot of people. But if there is anything that will make me work for anyone or any institution, I will definitely be saving 10% of my salary every month solely for retirement purposes.