What to know before starting a business

Yugocean

Valued Contributor
Many ideas for trading are taught in business schools, and many books are written on different ideas. But behind these ideas, everyone has their own experience. You will also get ideas from your experiences, but the beginning will be from understanding the technology. This is the first step.

You need to find out what the arrangements are for what you are going to do before starting the business. You will take a risk if you do not understand this. Study your needs and know the facilities available.

For examples - if you want to start a factory, then find out for which products there is cheap labour available, what products get licenses easily, or get an exemption from the requirement of a licence. Producing what is exempted from tax by the government? Whose machinery will you easily find? Which product is in great demand in the market? Which product has less competition?

Carpon

Valued Contributor
I think some of the basic and most important things which a potential business owner must be able to do is to get educated on the kinetics and runnings of his or her potential business. There are many business owners that jump into business without recognizing the importance and signifance of knowledge and experience.

There are indeed many ways that one can acquire knowledge and it is termed a lie when someone says that he or she has been unable to find the knowledge he needs. As you said, you can make enquires from other similar type of businesses about the needs and requirement of the business and how the things in the business go.

Also, you may decide to come under the mentorship of someone learned in that business area for some period. This is when you get the experiencial part of knowledge when you live around and handle things you will be handling full time in the future.

Shaf

Verified member
It's good to have some experience in any field you choose to start a business in, no matter how small it is. If you don't, then the next best thing is to get a mentor to guide you.

I used to think I know a lot about starting a business till I experienced what it is like. I would say that planning should not be underestimated. The planning stage should let you know how much you will need, what it will take and how long to get certain things in place, how much profits to expect and how soon.

Most people don't do an in-depth analysis here, creating false expectations and making them spend more time and money than necessary on trial and error.

In short, do your research on everything,have low expectations and know that you will have to work really hard with little returns before your business kicks off.

King bell

VIP Contributor
There are things to take note of before starting your own business. These include things like starting a business with the right idea, what employees can expect to earn, and the different stages you will go through.
1.Starting A Business With The Right Idea
You should start a business with an idea or a product that you feel can really sell in the market. It is important to take the time to evaluate your product or service and find out what people are looking for. You may want to remember that making money from your business will not happen overnight, but you need to be aware of such things because there are instances when some people get confused on what business they should start and why.

2.Employee's Salary
You have to make sure that you know how to value your time, plus you have to remember that not all employees will be loyal workers for your business so it would be best if you do not allocate too much salary for them just yet.

Starting a business is not an easy feat in itself; make sure it’s going to be worth it in the long run!