What Proper Steps Could Be Taken To Stop Unemployment?

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
Humans have been seeking ways to feed their families for a really long time. In the modern world, we all have families and people who do not have families have at least some people whom they need to feed. This is why we tend to go look for jobs or go to work daily. The big problem nowadays many people face is that of unemployment and I think this is serious problem faced by most people. The pandemic is also one big obstacles now when it comes to stopping unemployment. The issue of not getting a job is much common in Tier 3 countries as compared to developed nations. I think developing states could help this problem by taking proper steps. First of all, such countries must stop corruption because corruption destroys economy.

Secondly, such countries must use its natural resources in a proper way and try to bring foreign investors so that the economy could get improved. Thirdly, I believe that countries must also improve their education system. They must also focus on their locals who live abroad so that they could also help the country by sending foreign exchange. Improving the infrastructure of the country is also crucial. I think these are some of the basic steps a country could take in order to combat the problems of unemployment. Unfortunately, many countries do not focus on these steps.

Kingsley

Valued Contributor
The first step will be for everyone in a country to be sincere with themselves. And again for people to see it as a major problem otherwise people will keep playing around it and everyone will still remain selfish. There is no where in the world where the government will provide job for everyone, rather what a government can do is provide an enabling environment for businesses to thrive easily. That said. Another thing people will need to do is to start looking into acquiring entrepreneurship skills rather than depending heavily on white collar jobs and the government to provide jobs which has lead to a lot of laziness in the system already as many are trying to cheat the system by been paid for a job they haven't done.

People should learn to equipthemselves with relevant skills that will bring about a positive change to the society. Then people should also learn to study courses that are very relevant in the society render than studying a course for studying sake and for mere certification. Then lastly government should also learn to live to their responsible by providing a level playing ground and make funds available for serious minded people to establish businesses.

Caramelle

I believe that our government's educational policies and programs have been helpful in curbing unemployment. Our K to 12 curriculum does not just strengthen formal schooling but also supports non-formal and informal education. We have a skills development program that offers scholarships for skill-based courses and implements national qualifications testing for those courses. This program attracts out-of-school youth, housewives, regular high school graduates, and even professionals who want to acquire new skills. Graduates of these programs earn Certificates that they can use to apply for jobs here and abroad. They can also use these skills to start their own business. Most courses can be completed in six months. Some courses like caregiving and nursing aide programs can take two years to complete and this already includes internships which they can claim as work experience. Our biggest exports are our people and their dollar remittances are keeping our economy afloat.​

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
Unemployment is the result when there is an excess labor than the vacant jobs. Think if all the businesses are fully loaded with their workers that they do not need to hire. What happens to the job applicants? It is not easy to explain but we all know that an applicant gets a job only when there is a vacancy. It is the government's call to stop unemployment and the best recourse is to create employment. I have read about the economy system of China that when there are workers with no job then the government would encourage entrepreneurship. It is the business that would hire applicants so if there are more business then there would be more available jobs in the market. For the business sector I don't think it is their obligation to stop unemployment because their aim is to earn profit.

moonchild

VIP Contributor
To stop unemployment government needs to invest in human resources and entrepreneurship first.

Because of lack of support that small businesses are suffering from that's why everyone is out there looking for a job.

If you look at other developed countries for example their small businesses are the ones powering government through the taxes they pay, but when those small businesses are abandoned then anything can happen to the economy because larger companies can't pay all of the taxes that the government requires to run smoothly and they can't employ all of the graduates that are out of school.

Masses also need to reorient themselves on self employment it's not the work of the government to provide jobs for everybody it is just out of benevolence

But we have become so entitled to governments for even our own livelihood, this plainly stupid.

So in conclusion we need to understand that we have to all play our own part really well to be able to win the unemployment war if not we'll just be moving in circles and never get anywhere.

Richee84

Unemployment has indeed become a global phenomenon cause virtually all countries have problem of unemployment to deal with. Unemployment can not be left alone in the Hand of the government to handle but every stakeholder have a major role to play in tackling unemployment. Schools and high institutions must be reform or restructure to accommodate the unemployment rate in the country. Entrepreneur course must be taught in school so that graduate can have better options to be self employ and be a problem solver rather than moving up and down with files looking for job. Government must also be ready to assist graduates who have passion for entrepreneurship cause lack of finance might also want to hinder their business idea. Government and relevant stakeholder must try to engage the youth and able body who are under skill and semi skill to acquire the require training needed to take them of the street and they should all have access to Grant, loan or any form of financial assistance. Access to loan should not be a thing of difficulty to young entrepreneur. Most at times people have a very good idea and are ready to contribute their own effort yo the growth of the economy but challenge to good finance has been the major problem.

D

Deleted member 13140

Proper skill acquisition programs should be put in place, here is the funny thing.

Okay I need to carefully explain this - I want anyone reading this to picture this,

You enter school and read and when you're done, you get a job in a company or something.

And eventually because of the massive advice youngsters are given which is go to school and get a job, no one is there to create a job, which is, when everyone is busy trying to get good grades jobs are finishing and creating unemployment. So to me the proper step to stop unemployment my friends is to teach young people entrepreneurship, help them discover their passion and skill.