What makes medicine highly prolific

Carpon

Valued Contributor
Medicine and surgery as we all know is one of the courses available in the schools of higher learning and it is generally regarded as one of the most prolific courses which you hardly stay jobless when you study because of the many places that are available for you to work. This is a reason why the course is highly competitive.

So I've already mentioned that the first reason why the course is highly appreciated is because of the many job opportunities that are available in the field. Thus you may not need to bother much with the risks and stress of unemployment after graduating.

Another thing is that you have much chances of almost going anywhere in the world. When you have the qualifications of a certified medical personnel, your services are highly valued and you find it easier to travel out to other countries to contribute your own quota in their medical field.

Etini

Valued Contributor
I think why medicine is highly prolific is because it is a profession that has to do with the very essence of life itself which is serving lives and humanity. Anything that has to do with this noble task would be prolific. Despite the difficulties it takes to be a medical doctor, so many people still apply to med/ Surg in droves.
Also, another reason medicine is prolific is that it assures a person of at worse a comfortable life. Medical doctors are generally paid well all over the world. Who wouldn't want financial security? So many see it as a sure step into financial freedom. But I believe this is a wrong motive. It should be all about passion. I had a chance to study medicine but I turned it down because I couldn't stand the sight of blood. Not even the financial security could push me to do it.