What Is The Future Of Offline Advertising And Marketing During Pandemic?

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
A few days ago, the government of my province lifted the lockdown because they believed that my country has overcome the problem of Covid-19 pandemic. This made marketers much happy because they thought that restrictions are now being lifted. However, things took a very wrong turn when the covid-19 cases rose significantly in my city and this led to a complete closure of business activities and this obviously include the marketing aspect of many businesses. Before the pandemic even began, I saw many companies sending their marketing agents to different areas of the city in order to promote their products and services to people individually by going to their houses. They did a great job as far as I know, but now things are not going in their favor. What do you think? What is the future of Advertising and marketing during the pandemic?

btaliat

VIP Contributor
If the pandemic conitunes, I think offline marketers will be rendered useless. Though banks in most countries still depend on their offline marketers in wooing business people to their banks by asking their marketers to go to seminars to woo business people. But I think they have to device another meaning if the pandemic persists

Mika

VIP Contributor
The pandemic made our life hard, but do you think the pandemic stopped our life? Not really, the usual business of our like went on. Well, some businesses went down, for example, aviation, hotel, etc. but many businesses continued, sales were low, but the business went on. Therefore, pandemic or no pandemic, as long as business exist, advertising also exist.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
I think offline advertising such as billboards on the roads have not been affected by the pandemic because they are still there and ad agencies can still install new billboards. What's mostly affected are the distributors of leaflets and brochures of condo units. They do that in street corners and in the malls which is prohibited by now.

Topstik

Offline marketing is a necessary part of marketing. It grows your business in the local area. Offline marketing generate local leads on your business.

Setho

VIP Contributor
Whenever there is a pandemic there is often state-sanctioned lockdowns in a majority of locations so as a business owner it will be totally unwise to include offline advertisements in your campaign. The best way to get to people at this period of time is through social media and traditional advertisements like radio and television.

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
I think offline advertising such as billboards on the roads have not been affected by the pandemic because they are still there and ad agencies can still install new billboards. What's mostly affected are the distributors of leaflets and brochures of condo units. They do that in street corners and in the malls which is prohibited by now.

I think that billboards are only effective if they are located at a very good place where they are guaranteed to be viewed by the public. Otherwise, I do not think that they may be very effective. Many people in my city also try to promote their business on the road by writing on the walls of schools, streets, public colleges, walls of parks, etc. They have tried to publicize their business so much that they have written on literally each and every wall of the streets they see and this is how they market their business. They do get a very good number of customers.