Do You Think Offline Business Will Cease to Exist in Future?

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
I asked my wife about her shopping and she said that she missed the days before the pandemic that she could freely roam around the mall. That is one proof that offline business will stay because people enjoy the physical shopping particularly in the mall when you can dine in after the shopping or even watch a movie to relax.

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
Online business will heavily depend on offline business, for example shipping company, transportation company, etc. Likewise offline business will also depend on online business for example, online advertising, online marketing, company website, etc. These two different business will exist side by side and will continue to support each other for a long term

Abigael

Valued Contributor
I agree with you that both online and offline businesses will work side by side. In fact, most small scale business that sell convenient goods may never go into having an online presence. This is because most of them are just located outside where you live and so you can walk in there anytime to buy what you want at that time.

kayode10

VIP Contributor
I don't think that of line business will go into extension in the nearest future. The reason is that there are some businesses that cannot be friend that online. instance if you want to set up a car repairing or painting services business, you will need a workshop to carry out the basic work.

Jonaville

Offline business fading away? Not a chance. While it is true that most products can now be gotten online, and it is rapidly developing, there will still be ample space for offline business to continue to operate. At this point, the best way to maximize profit is by combining the two together.

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
Even the online businesses have to take help from offline business to operate. Let say you buy from Amazon. Amazon is an online business. However, in order to deliver the product to your doorstep, Amazon works with delivery companies, which is an offline business. Offline businesses cannot be eliminated.

Mika

VIP Contributor
Offline businesses may not cease to exist but all businesses will go online. For example, they will cater to the people who want to buy online as well as sell to the people who want to visit the physical store to buy products. Internet is yet to reach every corner of the world, therefore, there will still be offline stores.

uforwealth

Verified member
A lot of people have predicted a lot of things to be happening in the future, and one of them is related to how businesses will operate. Many people believe that offline business will cease to exist in the future. Do you think offline business will cease to exist?

Based on the current market size for online businesses around the world, I believe online businesses will continue to grow in the future, however, unlike the popularly held belief, I do not think offline businesses will stop functioning in the future. I rather believe that offline business and online business will exist side by side.

You may check properties online, but you still have to go to the location to see the property yourself and walk to the concerned department to buy the property. You may check the car online, but you will still have to walk to the dealer to see the car and take the test drive.

There are things that cannot be sold online.
Online and offline businesses are inseparable twins that assist each other.

Offline businesses can never extinct in the future because almost all online businesses connect with them in one way or another to survive.

Similarly, Online businesses help offline businesses to gain exposure and popularity with people for the owners to make sales and maximize profits.

Skysaint

Verified member
No, their is no way offline business could cease in the future. How can online business handle the roles of a restaurant where food is sold, unless it's possible to serve people dishes online which we all know it's ain't possible. Infact, there are a whole lots of offline business that can't be done online so my answer to your question is NO.

Mika

VIP Contributor
A lot of people have predicted a lot of things to be happening in the future, and one of them is related to how businesses will operate. Many people believe that offline business will cease to exist in the future. Do you think offline business will cease to exist?

Based on the current market size for online businesses around the world, I believe online businesses will continue to grow in the future, however, unlike the popularly held belief, I do not think offline businesses will stop functioning in the future. I rather believe that offline business and online business will exist side by side.

You may check properties online, but you still have to go to the location to see the property yourself and walk to the concerned department to buy the property. You may check the car online, but you will still have to walk to the dealer to see the car and take the test drive.

Wisdom01

Valued Contributor
Definitely.... Many online businesses are scam this days. We now have several business shops online that you don't know which one is real and which one is not. Most times I got messaged by some of those guys or ladies, asking me to order clothes that they can help with shipping and stuff, i literally know that many of them are scammers. We need to be careful this period.
Many are truly scam we need to becareful , I usually see them on different ads , but I would just ignore them because I obviously don't want to get scammed ,so it's best for me to ignore them and go offline to get the goods I want to get with full confidence that I won't get scammed at the end , I have seen people who have been scammed through online shipping companies

kayode10

VIP Contributor
It is not possible offline business will continue to exist as long as it is still in existence.

some businesses will need offline presence no matter what you are doing online.

Most people believe that Amazon make most of the sales online but this is not possible if they don't have enough offline presence across the major regions of the world.

Last edited:

Good luck

Verified member
Offline business will continue to be relevant in our society no matter how the case may be why because it is not everyone that has access to Internet or probably using a good smart phone.Some don't even believe in engaging in business that is not visible.They will want to do visible transaction with you not knowing technology is really taking over.

Setho

VIP Contributor
We have seen a lot of movements of recent in which a lot of human processes and endeavors and you don't completely online. It is no longer news that in the future we are going to see more and more jobs been taken online and some being automated. I think that matter what will happen a lot of human life depend on their interaction offline so offline businesses are here to stay.

Sherman198

VIP Contributor
Yeah some product cant be effectively sold online , because there are many scammers online and the person that want to sell the product online must be seen by you with the product , so that a wrong product won't be shipped to you and the person disappear afterward , so there would still be some offline business available
Definitely.... Many online businesses are scam this days. We now have several business shops online that you don't know which one is real and which one is not. Most times I got messaged by some of those guys or ladies, asking me to order clothes that they can help with shipping and stuff, i literally know that many of them are scammers. We need to be careful this period.

AmaliaTG

No I don't think offline bussines will ever cease In future. This is because, we are all social beings, we need to interact with people, and one of the best real ways to interact with people is by going out with your friends to have fun in restaurants, clubs maybe, going to malls. I mean bussines like this will never end, they might slide, but they will never end. Plus also bussines like hardware it's hard for them to end or start selling them online, at least not in Africa. It will takes couple of generations for Africans to implement effective online business or delivery. It is happening to some bussines but to the majority of big business, are still offline.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
In as much people are now finding shopping online bey easy and comfortable, there is no sign that offline business will fade away. There will still be some people who don't like going shopping online. There are some products that cannot be sold online and the likes. The delay in online business delivery, the inability to check the products before payment and some other issues won't let online business take over totally.

Wisdom01

Valued Contributor
Yeah some product cant be effectively sold online , because there are many scammers online and the person that want to sell the product online must be seen by you with the product , so that a wrong product won't be shipped to you and the person disappear afterward , so there would still be some offline business available