What is the Best Way to Make Money By Writing

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
While posting on paid to post sites or publishing on article sites might be the easiest way to make money by writing, these are certainly not the best way to make money from writing.

If you want to make money by writing, you will have to try following things

Sell your writing services through freelancing sites like iwriter, freelancer, Fiverr, Upwork, SEOClerks, People Per Hour, etc.

Start your own blog

Publish ebooks and paperbacks

Ghostwriting (you can find these jobs on freelancer sites)

Can you actually make money from these methods?

Well, you can make money, however, the answer also depends on your writing skills as well as other additional skills. For instance, in order to earn from blog, you not only need to be a great writer but also SEO and digital marketing expert.

By the way what is your favorite method to make money from writing? Do you like to post on forums and article sites or have your own blog? Do you make money from short posts (forum posts) or long posts (articles)?

rubesh

Valued Contributor
One of the best ways to make money by writing is to become a freelance writer. Freelance writing offers writers the opportunity to write for a variety of clients, such as magazines, online publications, newspapers, websites, blogs, and more. Freelancers also have the chance to determine their own rates and negotiate payment. There are also other options for making money by writing such as self-publishing a book, creating an e-book, writing articles, and more.

TOZZIBLINKZ

VIP Contributor
Literally so many ways exist online in which you can make money as a writer, however you do not have to be a certified writer before you can make money online. There are some micro job paying websites in the internet that are looking for workers and employees to engage in article writing or even report writing for companies and for business industries. During the 2020 lockdown I was so fortunate to come across a micro job websites that paid me reasonable amount of money and reasonable amount of cash to handle all its report and article writing as well as assessment. The name of the website was called listverse.com

And up-to-date this website is definitely letting individuals like me and you to make real money and real cash online. This website is 100% free and you do not have to invest even a single time to be a member. A page of clearly written, grammatical error free, and plagiarism free, article in this website is compensated with 39 to 50 dollar. However you can think how much you will earn if you write an article with 100 to 200 pages.

Mika

VIP Contributor
I don't think freelance writing or even ghostwriting is the best way to make money as a writer. Let's say you spend 2-3 hours writing an article. How much can you get paid for this article if you are offering your service through freelancing sites? The average pay rate is around $10, if you have too many positive ratings, you might make $20-$25. Normally you can earn $200-$300 per ghost writing contract and you will have to spend 5-7 days to write that book. There is a limitation on how much you can make money as a freelancer. I think the better way to earn from writing is through blogging or ebook writing (also paperback). That's because you will make recurring income. You can make money from your blog as long as your blog is pulling traffic and you can make money from your book and ebook as long as someone is buying.