What is the best alternative to sugar?

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
Most of us have sweet tooth. Even if we are not sweet tooth, we are eating a lot of sweet foods, from chocolates to ice creams and cakes, sauce, ketchup, jellies, jams, and sodas, most of the foods we eat contain sugar.

Sugar is not good for our health, it adds extra calories to our foods, it causes blood sugar, it causes acidity, etc.

Here are some sugar alternatives

Jaggery

Consumption of jaggery on a regular basis helps in keeping the stomach healthy by stimulating the secretion of digestive enzyme. Jaggery contains fibers which makes it better than sugar.

Honey

Use honey on your bread instead of jam, use honey to sweeten your milkshake instead of sugar, use honey in your lemonade. There are numerous ways to use honey and get the health benefits.

Good luck

Verified member
Sugar is not really good for the body,atleast small quantity is ok.excess of it weakens the cells which may later results to diabetes.So the best alternative for sugar I think is fresh honey.i mean the original,the one that has not been missed with any chemical which may render it useless.Honey goes with Various food like pap,custard and some people don't mind it with coffee.

Mika

VIP Contributor
Has anyone heard of a plant called Stevia? Leaves of this plant taste just like sugar. Stevia can be the best alternative to sugar, mainly processed white sugar. Stevia is also one of the prime ingredients for sugar subtitutes. If you are taking sugar, avoid white sugar and take brown sugar instead.

Kola

Verified member
It's not really good to consume too much sugar because sugar is made from a stick called sugar cane.its to sweet to the essence that when consumed too much it can cause stomach pain and also resulting to dysentery.so the best alternative to sugar is HONEY because it's a natural Product

Empress

Verified member
It is not that sugar is not good for the body but too much of it is not good for our health because it causes health problem when it is too much that is why I do use sugar once in a while and use honey most of the times

Ithedicious

Valued Contributor
Sometimes medical expert will always advise that white sugar are not really good for people , most especially people that are a bit older and it is much more preferable that they use brown sugar as that is the most healthiest for people , but generally people with diabetes are not advised to use sugar at all not minding if it is white or brown.

Honey as you said is also a nice alternative against using of sugar but a lot of people might complain that getting and using horny all the time is quite expensive because of the fact that the price of Honey is relatively higher than the price of sugar.
In that case I believe that if you are not able to afford honey for yourself you should consider making use of brown sugar I think that is much more healthier and a bit better for people.

E

eldavis

Here in my location, most persons tend to prefer honey, as it is actually more common than the other option. As for me though i am not that really much of a honey lover. The taste is just weird in mouth. Though suger is alot healthier compared to suger but it would be best as not to take it too much. Most persons tends to misuse things.

Yusra3

VIP Contributor
A great alternative to sugar is honey. Honey is a natural sweetener that contains much less sugar than refined sugar, and it also has many other sweetening properties as well. It also contains vitamines and minerals that are good for you!

Honey is good for teeth and gums, so it can help prevent cavities and tooth decay. It's also good for digestion and helps to keep your immune system strong.

The Second best alternative to sugar is organic sugar!
Organic sugar is made from 100% organic sugar cane, and it's delicious. It's also cheaper than regular sugar, so you can afford more of it! We have organic sugar in all our flavors, including caramel, chocolate, strawberry and vanilla.

If you're looking for something less processed or more natural, look no further than honey and organic sugar!