What is Polygon (MATIC) The Cryptocurrency Status !

Yugocean

Valued Contributor
1621448545362.png

Polygon (MATIC) is an ERC20 token based on Ethereum network it was launched on October 2017 by crypto experts of India.

Polygon was previously known as Matic Network, it is a combination of proof-of-stake (PoS) and Plasma Framework, ie a Plasma proof-of-stake (PPoS) algorithm. Polygon was developed as a platform for scaling Ethereum. In 2019, it moved ot its Polygon network, 50+ DApps are attracted in Polygon ecosystem.

MATIC gained attention when it got increase in value during the sharp fall of coin market in May 2021. The maximum supply of MATIC token is 10 Billion MATIC. Currently more than 4.87 Billion MATIC tokens are circulating in the market.

This token is available in popular exchange platforms like Binance, Coinbase Pro, Huobi Global etc; spot trading is available in pairs with cryptos like Biitcoin, Ethereum, or stable cryptos like USDT, BUSD, and fiat currency like USD, KRW, EUR etc; there are more than 100 trading pairs available in different platforms.

According to the polygon, it is the layer 2 based solution for Ethereum's poor qualities like PoW delayment, high gas fees, poor throughput, non sovereignty.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
You didn't mention the price of polygon in the market and its position on the table.

Polygon (MATIC) is featured around world top 30 coins, it has proven a mainstay in the Cryptocurrency ecosystem. I'm not a big fan of it cos I never read its history deeply. Thanks for sharing about it's brief history here, the year, and its previous network it operated on.

Mika

VIP Contributor
I am yet to invest in Polygon (MATIC) but I have been reading about this cryptocurrency project since some time. Sadly, you missed the vital information regarding Polygon (MATIC). Thic cryptocurrency was created by three Indians and a Serbian. Polygon (MATIC) has made the Indian creators crypto billionaires.