What is my future with a political science degree?

Syldan

Political science graduates can work as local representatives, lobbyists, diplomats, and professors. Programs in the field cover both domestic and foreign political systems, as well as political history.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
You are right that you can be a teacher. But your degree of political science can be more beneficial if you eill work in the office of an elected government official like a senator or a congressman. You can develop many connections to influential people that can help you in the future.

Chibson

VIP Contributor
Course of study he doesn't really matter in Nigeria again. I know some people who studied engineering in the university but they are now working in various banks and also doing other types of things. But in a normal level political science is not that marketable because the course in itself is a political course. I will advise you to learn online skill and add it to your degree then of course you are good to me.

Asad Ali

First of all, as far as you study, you're happy, so good to go. Political sciences are a course with a wide variety of applications regardless of how you look at them. You may also be a social scientist and a leader of a leading organization. Other employment with a political science degree such as membership in the military and other compliance agencies can also be performed.

eojo2401

If your ambition is to become a political office holder is the reason why you want to study political science, am sorry, you missed road because those that are occupying the post of President, senators, house of representatives members, ministers, special adviser, government, commissioners, local government chairman or councilors are getting to that post through godfatherism and hooliganism but not by education. We even have one that is ruling us presently with just affidavit but without certificate.

D

Deleted member 27126

Of courses... With the way things are being done by the government I always knew that the tendency of having a white collar job for me is low.... Sometimes learning a skill or a trade is the way... Because the government can never provide job for everyone.
Very good that you are having that mentality now. It is better done now that ever. I will also advise you that before you finish your studies as an undergraduate, try as much as possible to get a hand work or better still learn a trade or find something to be selling while still on campus. This will make it easy for you to Cole after your studies and also it will make you have something already doing instead of looking for any job where there is none after your graduation.

Doradorwa

Opportunity seeker
That's my course. Though I am currently teaching. That's not my aim, my aim is to dabble into politics later and be a political adviser to the active politicians or even be working in the policy making areas in my country. But meanwhile, I am teaching to impart the little I know into the younger generations to change their political thinking and shape their political participation.
Really this is commendable... I got the opportunity to teach at home... But I chosed music not that I can teach government also... I must say that to waver one's way into the politics of this country is kind of hard.... Tho I always wish for a political appointment even if it's "Aides to water affair" I don't mind at all... But alas... The allow people with money into their party not people with intellect

btaliat

VIP Contributor
That's my course. Though I am currently teaching. That's not my aim, my aim is to dabble into politics later and be a political adviser to the active politicians or even be working in the policy making areas in my country. But meanwhile, I am teaching to impart the little I know into the younger generations to change their political thinking and shape their political participation.

Doradorwa

Opportunity seeker
Political science graduates can work as local representatives, lobbyists, diplomats, and professors. Programs in the field cover both domestic and foreign political systems, as well as political history.
Thank you so much for you input... This is very specific and intelligent... As a lobbyists I've known of this too for quite some time and as a professors in the political Field is the most common one I've seen... But I plan to do history and international studies as my Masters for better opportunities.

Doradorwa

Opportunity seeker
I am studying political science not because of any career attached to it but because of my love for politics.... Especially Africa politics. But lately my sixth sense have been telling me that soon I will be a graduate with no ambition for the future except doing my Masters.... So I did some research and I found out that I can be a secondary school government teacher... I can be a lecture if I furthermore and I can be a political analyst... Apart from this 3 careers I have been unable to come up with more... so guys tell me what job can I get with a political science degree

Doradorwa

Opportunity seeker
Truth be told, there is a very great mismatch between what most graduates studied and what they're doing as job here in my country. But to be on a safer side, try to get some things done, do not depend entirely on your certificate.
Of courses... With the way things are being done by the government I always knew that the tendency of having a white collar job for me is low.... Sometimes learning a skill or a trade is the way... Because the government can never provide job for everyone.

Doradorwa

Opportunity seeker
First of all, so far you derive joy in what you study then you are good to go. Political science is a course that has a wide application no matter how you look at it and it also prepared you for leadership and followership. You can also be a social scientist and a leadership researcher in a Leadership institute. One can also do other jobs with the certificate of political science like joining the military and other enforcement agencies.
On eof the things I always knew I can do with a political science degree is joining the military.... Ive been toying with the idea lately too and getting my mind prepared for it but I also think that it's better to get a Masters degree then join them... Maybe I might have a better post than being a recruit.

IamDozzy

First of all, so far you derive joy in what you study then you are good to go. Political science is a course that has a wide application no matter how you look at it and it also prepared you for leadership and followership. You can also be a social scientist and a leadership researcher in a Leadership institute. One can also do other jobs with the certificate of political science like joining the military and other enforcement agencies.

D

Deleted member 27126

I am studying political science not because of any career attached to it but because of my love for politics.... Especially Africa politics. But lately my sixth sense have been telling me that soon I will be a graduate with no ambition for the future except doing my Masters.... So I did some research and I found out that I can be a secondary school government teacher... I can be a lecture if I furthermore and I can be a political analyst... Apart from this 3 careers I have been unable to come up with more... so guys tell me what job can I get with a political science degree
Truth be told, there is a very great mismatch between what most graduates studied and what they're doing as job here in my country. But to be on a safer side, try to get some things done, do not depend entirely on your certificate.

Haypril

Wow, first I will love to congratulate you for your achievement. Doing 4 years in Nigeria university is not an easy task, unless you probably attend a private institution. And if you do, I guess you won't have course to present this question. One thing I want you to know is the your productivity and creativity is not determined by the certificate you have at hand.

Daykas

As long has you come out with good grade,you can venture into different occupation and still be doing well. Don't limit yourself to the three jobs your research show you.

Queentener

I will advise you based on the situation of things in my country Nigeria presently, the course you study doesn't limit you to teaching government or becoming a lecturer, so far you graduate with good grades I can assure you to work in organizations that are not related to your course of study, my sister studied English language and ended up in the bank, she was able to build a career path for herself there. So my dear all you have to do is work hard and come out with good grades and decide where you want to work.