General insurance What has been your worst experience with insurance companies

Phabbyfundz

Many would have had a good story to tell about their insurance companies and some don't .what has been your worst experience, has these insurance companies been able to keep up with all the things stated out your contract with them, have been able to be a good shoulder to lean on in times of unfortunate happenings.
I haven't registered with any insurance company yet, but I would like to have one in the future, so if you can share your experience with them it would go a long way in me an incite in the great potential of insurance and what to possibly expect.
Do you think insurance company actually carry out close to 80% of want is written in their contract statements and how fast do they show up or come to your aid in times of crises or unfortunate happenings.

Wisdom01

Valued Contributor
Yeah of course they would carry out 80% of what is stated in their terms and conditions , because there are legit insurance company , if they don't carry out what's is stated in their terms you have options of even sueing the insurance company for such and they would actually take heed and reconsider you

Mandy96

Valued Contributor
Well I wouldn’t say I have had any experience with insurance so far, be it good or bad. Well I have a cousin who felt he was once cheated by a particular insurance company, I wish to mention the name but I don’t want to sound like I’m blackmailing anyone. He said he was supposed to be compensated but they didn’t

Jamoflondon

Verified member
Usually ignorance is mostly the cause of bad experience about insurance because they fail to make the necessary research about it before buying it and this makes it hard for them by encountering what they don’t expect. This usually happens to individuals who think the job of a broker is not relevant