Real estate What does the red house mean? the gray | white?

greenieS

Verified member
Have you ever heard of red houses? the gray | white? The term is often used by developers, and future homeowners should be familiar with this phrase!

In fact, the terminology designates the important stages in the construction process, and the fact that its name borrows chromatic values is not accidental at all.

Today we find out what its specific features mean.

Stage 1: “red” house

Under the name of "red house" are found all those constructions for which the following elements were made: foundation, structure, masonry and stairs. Usually, the "red" houses do not have mounted carpentry or a roof. Moreover, such a house lacks sanitary and electrical installations.

An advantage of buying a red house is the purchase price, which is usually about 40% lower than a "ready-made" ("white") house. In addition, if you choose a red construction, you will be able to schedule and schedule subsequent investments and you can choose the desired finishes. To make a house "red" you will need about half of the budget allocated to the entire construction, but it is important to know that this option also comes with disadvantages. For example, delaying work and not being able to move into this house immediately could make you reevaluate your options.

Stage 2: The house "gray"

"Gray house" is the stage in which the interior and exterior finishes of the house are made, as follows:

Mounting of carpentry and roofing;
Realization of the electrical installation (without switches, sockets or lighting fixtures)
Installation of the sanitary installation (concretely, making the connection to the supply system of the house, without the sanitary objects)
Interior plastering of the building;
Casting of screeds;
Construction of partition walls (including plasterboard ceilings)
Realization of exterior and interior waterproofing;
Exterior plastering of the building;
Thermal insulation using mineral wool or polystyrene;
Finishing (application of decorative plasters, exterior paint, etc.).
When the house is "gray", about 25 percent was added to the investment percentage, which means that at this time we spent about 75% of the total amount needed for the house to be ready to receive us.

In terms of prices, a "gray" house generally costs 10% less than a "ready-made" house. And in this case the advantage is that you can choose your own finishes (ceramic wall and floor tiles, parquet).

Stage 3: The “white house”

The last step in building a house is to finish the interior. More precisely, this is the step that involves the installation of sanitary ware, sockets, switches and lighting fixtures.

The finishing of the walls (application of paint, wallpaper, faience, etc.), as well as the finishing of the floors (application of tiles, parquet, etc.) also takes place at this stage.

The "white" house is also called the "ready-made" house and can be the best option you have when you want to buy a ready-built house, if you want to move to the new location as soon as possible.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
Thanks a lot for taking your time to explain the stages of a house before it is said to be ready full-time. I got the difference from your first term 'red house, blue/gray house and the final one being the white house, which is the finishing line of the building, that is simply made complete with all installations integrated into it.

Immilash

Seriously I don't know what this red, grey and white house are but you clearify everything. But which one do you think is the best to buy, as a independent individual which one do you think is good to buy, from the explanations you just made it seems like almost all of them are affordable, in my country we are not that used to this phrases or terms, we categorize our house in to there different types. I guess I found a new way of identifying a new house or a apartment. Thank you for bringing it to our notice.

D

Deleted member 28127

When I read the title I was a little confused because I think it is something related to house style means a house where decoration color is red for the case of a red house or the stairs or the same for while or black house while it has nothing with colors, there are technical terms for classifying the most of kind of houses and to compare price and work progression for each one.