what does passive income really mean?

Ajebo25

Verified member
hi guys since I became a member of this forum I have seeing hearing the word "passive income "but I don't really seem to know what it is and I will like someone here to tell me what a passive income is usually I thought passive income is a way by which you just make money online but since I have been seeing many posts about passive income on this forum I have discovered that passive income means differently to what I thought it was and what I think it used to be now I want to know the difference between making money online and earning a passive income online because now I'm really confused on what the both is.

I'm confused and I don't know the difference between passive income and making money online I will be glad if somebody can take his or her time to teach me what a passive income really is.

Chibson

VIP Contributor
Passive income is the kind of money you make without necessarily being active. The opposite of passive income is active income.

Let me give you a typical example of what passive income on the internet means. You can be making money on the internet but you are not making it passively.

Freelancers for example are not passive income makers and the reason is because they are active on daily basis working for people before they can be paid. So freelancing is not passive income stream.

Passive income can come from blogging. As a blogger you can publish article today and even next year you will continue to make money from that particular article you published without necessarily being active.

Publishing your books on Amazon is also another passive income stream because you only need to work once to publish the book then you don't have to bother yourself again to make money consistently from that particular book.

King bell

VIP Contributor
In today's world, there are a lot of different types of ways to make money online using what's called "passive" income strategies. Much like a savings account which pays interest, passive income accounts build up wealth over time which can be used for retirement or other long term investing strategies. Amongst others, some examples of passive income activities include investing in real estate, starting a business or even writing books.

Passive income is an increasingly popular term when it comes to discussing a range of situations and personal finance. It's considered the holy grail of wealth, but how do you make passive income? What is passive income really?

Passive income is simply defined as an income being generated with little effort on your part. Mindset and work ethic are very important when it comes to succeeding at making passive income. Ultimately the more passive you are, the more success you will have in that aspect of your life.

AdFlex

Passive income means you can have an income (no matter how much) by not being active. This means that you can earn money from anywhere, anytime, without dealing with different tasks or work on a daily basis. You can just sit back, relax, and have your bank account full of money. Affiliate marketing is one of the best ways to have passive income. You can sell products online without the need for dealing with customers or other people. The opposite of this is active income, which means you must work daily on your job to earn money.