Does passive income requires any investment?

King bell

VIP Contributor
Passive income is typically earned by people who have an income-producing property, but not necessarily a full-time job. Passive income is also earned by people who have money in interest bearing accounts, and cannot spare the time needed to care for an investment.

Passive income does not require any capital or large sums of money, just honest work.

The answer to this question depends on who you ask. Some will claim that passive income does require some form of investment, but others will tell you it's only about being disciplined enough to devote a portion of your time toward boosting your finances with practical efforts like investing money in the stock market and saving up for retirement.

The answer to this question depends on who you ask. Some will claim that passive income does require some form of investment, but others will tell you it's only about being disciplined enough to devote a portion of your time toward boosting your finances with practical efforts like investing money in the stock market and saving up for retirement.

Those who believe passive income is real usually say that it is earned by those who have a certain piece of property, or are contributors to someone else's property. It is true that even non-investors can earn passive income because they save up for retirement and/or are able to buy stock in the stock market.

CALVINDOL

VIP Contributor
In my own perspective it is absolutely not in a situation that passive income requests any means of investment and that is because I have personally seen a website in which you can earn passively and automatedly Day-after-Day without having to invest even a single dime . Even with that there are some websites that can pay you passively and automatedly but in order to do so you need to invest. Investing passive income earning websites are considered to be more profitable and more assured compared to free passive income earning website.

Passive income earning websites on the category of affiliate marketing and freelancing may definitely be legit and considerably paying but does that have to do with, graphic designing and report and article writing and translating can definitely need the individual in particular to invest in order to get paid passively. I cannot make a decision for everyone, but it is to how an individual sees fit, can totally determine his or her next step to follow in having a passive income stream.

AugusHoek

In my personal opinion, I think that investing money (even small amounts) is necessary if you want to start earning passive income (if you are at the beginning of your efforts). Yes, you can have passive income without any investment, but that would make things a bit hard. Invest little money to earn big profits.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
It depends on the type of investment you are talking about. A situation in which you are expected to invest a certain amount of money to earn money passively then I may not advise because most of them will not be trusted and they wouldn't keep on paying you for a long time because they will crash.

There are genuine investment you can make to have a passive income , not really about investing in platforms that promise to give passive income but investment in the sense that you buy a course depending on the type of passive income you are interested to learn.

You can also invest your time and some other things that will help you make money passively. That is the only type of investment I could advise because here you are trying to learn and upgrade yourself to be in a better position of making money passively without challenge.

Carpon

Valued Contributor
I am of the opinion and thoughts that any passive income source you want to build needs an investment as capital. I can barely point out a passive earning means which I would say requires that you invest nothing at all.

Passive income actually comes as a result of your investment. If active income comes as a result of your hard work and active service anywhere, then passive income comes as a result of your investment and sacrifices to many ventures.

So personally, I think that to earn passively, you really need to invest. If someone is intentional about passive income and I mean a very good amount, then there is no by passing of investment. Investment is what yields results in terms of passive income.

But nevertheless, I think there are a few ways that one can earn passively without investing but I cannot really point out any and even if there is, I bet that the earnings won't be much.

Chibson

VIP Contributor
Like someone have stated, it depends on the kind of passive income you are talking about. There is some passive income streams in which you can setup without necessarily investing money but you actually need to invest a lot of time.

When you invest time in something like Amazon Kindle publishing you can actually become very successful on it without spending money within some period of time and make passive income for yourself. But on your way to becoming very successful you need to invest in knowledge.

Knowledge is very important and necessary in anything you are doing in order to become very successful. if you want to venture into something like real estate that has the ability to make you money passively, you actually need to invest a lot of money in order to become successful. People who make so much money from real estate are actually big investors.

Abdulsalam112

Those who believe passive income is real usually say that it is earned by those who have a certain piece of property, or are contributors to someone else's property. It is true that even non-investors can earn passive income because they save up for retirement and/or are able to buy stock in the stock market.

Mika

VIP Contributor
Some passive income methods do not require any investment, however, some passive income methods require investment. For example, blogging is one of the most popular passive income methods. However, you need to pay for a domain and hosting to start a blog, you might also have to pay for themes and plugins, you might also have to spend money on digital marketing, etc. Therefore, blogging requires investment. However, if you start vlogging, you don't need money, you can start a youtube channel for free, you can start with the basic equipment, and equipment that you have (for example, a mobile phone, free video editing tool, free stock footage, etc.). If you want to start a print-on-demand business on Amazon or Redbubble, you can start with zero investment, however, if you want to sell through Etsy, you need some money to get started. If you want to build passive income through investment, you need money.

Fatima143

Well me of the opinion and thoughts that any passive income source you want to build needs an investment as capital as well. I can barely point out a passive earning means which I would say requires that you invest nothing at all in this passive income.

I think passive income actually comes as a result of your investment too. If active income comes as a result of your hard work and active service anywhere, then passive income comes as a result of your investment and sacrifices to many ventures as a good result. Well personally I think that to earn passive income you really need to invest. If someone is intentional about passive income and I mean a very good amount, then there is no by passing of investment. Investment is what yields results in terms of passive income in it

And I think too there are a few ways that one can earn passive income without investing but I cannot really point out any and even if there is, I bet that the earnings won't be much.
So we'll if you want to earn through passive income you should invest as well to reach maximum passive income in it.