What do you know about the difference between Dropshipping and affiliate marketing

Mandy96

Valued Contributor
As far as I know, Dropshipping is quite similar to affiliate marketing, in terms of the nature of the both jobs. A lot of people do mix it up while trying to list their features which is not supposed to be so. Well I can’t really blame them, they only say what they know and what they think it is the truth. As well, some also do prove to know it all, while they are supposed to learn about what they are not knowledgeable about. All I know about the two works is that they both deals with helping companies to promote their products but according to what I learned about them, I was made to understand that as an affiliate marketer, your main job is to refer customers to some certain brands you work, and from my notice, it does not have to be the case that the company sells. For example, a betting company could employ you as an affiliate marketer but as a dropshipper, I think which ever organization you will be dealing with has to deal with buying and selling because that is what you will be strictly employed for, you have to be able to help them sell whatever they produce. That’s all I can say about them, anyone can share more ideas.

Mika

VIP Contributor
Dropshipping means you sell from your store, affiliate marketing means you send buyers to someone's store. Let me exemplify, you have a site called abc. When you are dropshipping, people will buy products from your abc store. However, when you are doing affiliate marketing, you will be sending buyers to amazon, clickbank etc stores. The only similarities between these two selling methods is you don' have to own products to sell products.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
Both of them are great opportunities to make money online, affiliate marketing involved that you are not in control of the product you are marketing, you can decide to test a product and if the product is really good for one thing or the other you can decide to be an affiliate marketer to introduce the product to a lot of people and earn A certain commission, when you are a drop shipper you may need to have access to the product you are advertising on any platform. With proper marketing strategy it is possible to make money in any of this way