What's the difference between affiliate marketing and dropshipping?

Kingsley

Valued Contributor
As affiliate marketing is based on referrals, when a customer buys through the affiliate link the affiliate does not have to handle any money as the customer is taken directly to the merchant’s site to complete the purchase. The main difference is affiliate marketing does not require the affiliate to fulfil the sales process or handle customer support. As a dropshipper, you are still responsible for the sales procedure, even though you do not handle any inventory.

Dropshipping allows you to run an online store without having to stock products. You advertise the products as if you owned them, but when someone makes an order you then create a duplicate order with the company at a reduced price. The distributor takes care of the post and packaging on your behalf.

More ideas are welcomed, what do you think?

sincerem

VIP Contributor
I've come across this topic often times on paid to post site, and i have given my positive and reasonable reply based on my level of understanding about the two set of business online and offline. Dropshipping has to do with, ordering of the goods or merchandise from the vendor then reselling in your home country for profit.

While affiliate marketing is simply, advertising or promoting a business or business products, by adding description of the products and then sharing link where they'll purchase it. Any purchase made through your link earns you commission. The more people use your link to buy such products the better your earnings.

arunima25

Verified member
That's a fair good idea that you have posted. Drop shipping works well and one has more control on it. You link with a vendor and you buy the stuff from them when someone orders it from you and then you sell it making some profit. It's actually good to sell stuffs this way and vendor also profits as he just needs to worry about the stock and not the selling and marketing. Your products can reach different places without you actually working on that. And drop shippers need not worry about stocking it up in their store. They do get the product when they get an order.
Affiliate marketing can not be an easy job for everyone. It needs referrals and not everyone can get them easily.

K

kola1112

I think if this is the question on your mind, then you need more than just the definition, you are seeking to make money online and that is why the difference matters. Now it would had been easy for me to tell you to follow me or reach out to me but that will be injustice as i have a mentor who teaches for free. @ african giants make money online via youtube. All you wnat and ways to cash out has been treated. So i guess i have done what i should by giving out the info

arunima25

Verified member
I think if this is the question on your mind, then you need more than just the definition, you are seeking to make money online and that is why the difference matters. Now it would had been easy for me to tell you to follow me or reach out to me but that will be injustice as i have a mentor who teaches for free. @ african giants make money online via youtube. All you wnat and ways to cash out has been treated. So i guess i have done what i should by giving out the info
Most users here are seeking ways to make more money online. You are right that we might know the definitions or have a rough idea of how things work, we need to know it in a bit depth and better if we want to use it for earning. Thanks for sharing this information. I hope it is helpful for all international users and not specific to those from Africa.

SpecialK

As affiliate marketing is based on referrals, when a customer buys through the affiliate link the affiliate does not have to handle any money as the customer is taken directly to the merchant’s site to complete the purchase. The main difference is affiliate marketing does not require the affiliate to fulfil the sales process or handle customer support. As a dropshipper, you are still responsible for the sales procedure, even though you do not handle any inventory.

Dropshipping allows you to run an online store without having to stock products. You advertise the products as if you owned them, but when someone makes an order you then create a duplicate order with the company at a reduced price. The distributor takes care of the post and packaging on your behalf.

More ideas are welcomed, what do you think?
I have never been big on dropshipping becaues, you are depending on others who may not care as much as you do about getting the product to the customer in a timely fashion. Not to mention many of the products are overseas and you don't know much about them until something goes worry and by then it's to late.

Chibson

VIP Contributor
I really don't understand the difference until recently that I read something about drop shipping. affiliate marketing is simply selling other person's product in order to get a certain percentage called commission. The products may sometimes be a digital product and you got a certain commission whenever you make a successful sale. But in dropshipping you have to go to digital stores to sell physical products that will be shipped to another country.