What do you know about sore throat

Mandy96

Valued Contributor
Sore throat is a disease that deals with the throat. In another words, it is a pain in the throat and when it happens, you will find it hard to make use of the throat to do the regular things it does like swallowing and all the other stuffs. Some of the people in some part of nigeria do not even believe that it is natural, when it happens, they say that it is as a result of one stepping on some spit that came out of someone else’s mouth and when you ask them for the remedy, they will tell you to go and open your mouth to a side wall very early in the morning, as a matter of fact you will make it the first activity you will do before saying a word to anyone.

Well medically, I do not think it is approved to do that for the healing because it is not scientifically proven that it works, one way or the other it works for them and that is why they believe in it. Speaking of solution to this, one can go to a pharmacy that is around you to get a drug to heal it. To me, I do not think that it is so dangerous to go to the hospital for at the first attempt of healing.

Jasz

VIP Contributor
Sore throat also known as pharyngitis is a common ailment. The most common causes of sore throat are viral infections and allergies, though it can also be caused by scalding liquids, chemical irritants, and even teeth grinding. The sore throat often begins with a scratchy sensation in the back of the throat that lasts for two to three days, gradually becoming more painful as the condition progresses. Other symptoms include loss of taste, swollen lymph nodes, and difficulty swallowing.

Sore throat is treated with pain relievers such as acetaminophen or ibuprofen to alleviate pain and swelling. In some cases, antibiotics are used to treat bacterial infections or to cut down on the length of the illness if it is caused by strep throat. Sore throat medications should not be prescribed for children if they have a history of asthma or allergies since their throats may become severely inflamed from the medication.

A sore throat usually goes away on its own within a week, but you can speed up the healing process by drinking plenty of water or warm water and eating soft foods like yogurt or mashed potatoes until your mucus membrane cells and taste buds get back to normal.